Ray's the Heat, Benning - Opening as a Ray's The Steaks, But Not Opening At All

Me way hell out in Fairfax ................................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

......................................... RTS/RHB......RTC....RTH

Why, Michael, why?

Congrats.

Michael is amazing. Taking on three different jurisdictional bureaucracies, with different health departments, licensing, tax offices, alcohol beverage control systems. But good for him. Ward 7 is a part of DC that really needs his brand of ethical community-service oriented restaurant. I predict that it will be his greatest success.

Nashville Hot Chicken?? F**k me....that sounds incredible. Michael - if you need a critical guinea pig, you know where to find me!

Oh, how I would so love to get my hands on you--such a pretty little guinea pig you'd make:

"But he liked it..."

For real, any of you all who have not experienced Hot Chicken first-hand have no idea what I've got in store or how much I am going to enjoy it. (Although it does seem that synaesthesia has an inkling. Hmmm...Instinct? Projection? Lucky guess? I wonder...).

Cue evil laughter, escalating to the maniacally apoplectic.

I really hope that this project doesn't fall through. I have a pro bono client in the area for whom I just secured a nice settlement. He said that he wanted to take me an my colleague out for dinner when the check comes. "Except," he said, "I don't know of any restaurants other than Denny's." It would be nice to know that the folks in this neighborhood have something else to call their own.

There is no chance of this project falling through. Infrastructure build-out is complete. Fixtures are in place. Furniture and equipment is all that is left. Two phone calls and I'm ready to go.

It is really just a matter of the time and resources necessary to manage the insanity of Hell-Burger while maintaining some level of quality control (it would be so much easier to just let it suck for a while and then go back to normal, but then I'd have to hear about it from Don all day).