Jamba Juice, a California Chain in Several Area Locations - Union Station, Dupont, and Montgomery Mall

Last september my first time to Los Angeles , I was very excited to see a juice place like this. Any kind of smoothies and juices. There are 20 or more blends available to order. Dont see anything ? create your own.
In LA , Jamba is everywhere and all the stores I`ve seen are packed most of the time.
In DC area `whole foods` has Jamba juice stores. and there are only few.
I just wish it could be everywhere like starbucks , because Im about to give up the coffee and Jamba is the reason.
Have you had your fruit today ?

Jamba Juice is cheaper and much better for you, but I like Smoothie King.

I get the same thing every time: Strawberry Slim-N- Trim

("You can slim down and still fill up")

It's refreshing after a long run or the gym, even if it is full of sugary carbs.

Smoothie chain smoothies are incredibly expensive considering how little thought and time goes into throwing that stuff in a blender.

I like-a the Jamba Juice. The Jamba Juice is good.

I go through Jamba Juice phases. I loved it freshman year at school, where we had one on campus. Then forgot about it for a while, then realized it would be a good lunch replacement when I was working part time at the library and didn't get much of a break. They seem pretty healthy, though I've never sought out the numbers (But you're right, they probably have at least their share of sugar). I just always wondered at the kids who said "Hey! Smoothies are healthy!" and drank them instead of soda with their Taco Bell or pizza and thought they were doing themselves a favour.

My personal favorites are any of the strawberry-based drinks (Strawberries Wild!), the Mango A-Go-Go, and the raspberry one. Also, the Coldbuster was always an 'eh, it can't hurt...' when I was sick. Their seasonally-themed stuff is usually pretty good, too.

Are there any Jamba Juices left?

I just had a smoothie at Robek's, and it reminded me of why I don't go there more often: They're terrible, and many (most?) of them are made with sherbert. If I want sherbert, I'll get arrested and have dessert in the prison cafeteria. Smoothie King is better, but not by much.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Are there any Jamba Juices left?

I just had a smoothie at Robek's, and it reminded me of why I don't go there more often: They're terrible, and many (most?) of them are made with sherbert. If I want sherbert, I'll get arrested and have dessert in the prison cafeteria. Smoothie King is better, but not by much.

Whole Foods, SS.

I walked by the Jamba Juice in Union Station this weekend, which reminded me about the demise of Jamba Juice from the Clarendon Whole Foods and the DC area for a short while. There's also a Jamba Juice on 19th Street near Dupont Circle and in the Westfield Montgomery Mall. I haven't stopped into any. I just looked at their online menu, and I didn't know that they had baked goods and sandwiches. Not sure if any of the local locations has that food - I can't tell if that's the "expanded menu" referred to on the website. The Clarendon Whole Foods location only had smoothies. Anyone tried the food (or smoothies) lately, and if so, is it any good?

For a couple of months, Jamba has been running a $1 oatmeal special on Wednesdays. Far better than the McDonalds oatmeal, available right next door at the Union Station location. The smoothies are as good as ever, and they also do a fair number of specials on these (right now, $2.50 for the small size of Hawaiian Pineapple, Banana Berry, and something else), that make them less of a budget-buster.

They were distributing samples of the flatbread sandwiches one day. Definitely a "meh," as was the apple pretzel I tried one day to make a "lunch" alongside the oatmeal.

Wednessday, July 31st, 12-6 PM

Free Smoothie Day at All Three Area Jamba Juice Locations

The Dupont Circle, Montgomery Mall, and Union Station locations, in partnership with Venus Williams, will be giving away free 16-ounce smoothies (as well as a free scratch-off card for future discounts, etc.)

Yes, this is essentially a rewriting of a press release I received, but I thought some folks here would be interested, the key word being, "free!" Plus, I thought all area locations had closed, but I was wrong, so this was instructional for me as well.