9 replies to this topic

#1 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,112 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

"World's Best Fried Chicken and Snowballs," the sign said.

I can't vouch for the chicken, but I did enjoy a small Root Beer Snowball ($1.50). Forest Diner has jumped on the local-sourcing bandwagon, making their snowballs with Pasadena-based Kavern Snow Syrup.

A little-known offering is their Wednesday evening Elvis Dinner Show. Though I've yet to attend one, I'm almost tempted to go just because of the howling gaffe in this marketing flyer.

Cheers,
Rocks

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#2 Beto

Beto

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:23 AM

Yes, but is the ice local?

#3 chef4cook

chef4cook

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

Sounds Cool!
Tony Spagnoli
Executive Chef
Chester River Yacht Club
Chestertown, MD

#4 Pool Boy

Pool Boy

DC Crüdite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

It's been probably 5-7 years since I've been out there, but the place is a total joint and serves up good diner food. It gets packed regularly, even after another Double T diner located itself right next to the place.

Food.Wine.Cats.Hawaiian Shirts.Travel.Art.Music.

#5 mhberk

mhberk

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

It's been probably 5-7 years since I've been out there, but the place is a total joint and serves up good diner food. It gets packed regularly, even after another Double T diner located itself right next to the place.

The Double T Diner folks bought the Forest Diner a few years ago, so now the food at both spots is pretty similar.
(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me
Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Can't get enough lamb chops?
Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.
Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself!! That is lamb, not A lamb.

#6 KissAndFly

KissAndFly

shrimp

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

A little-known offering is their Wednesday evening Elvis Dinner Show

Had no idea there was a vintage diner there....let alone one with an Elvis Show! Thanks, Rocks---this is definately on my list of places to visit!

#7 Waitman

Waitman

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

The Double T Diner folks bought the Forest Diner a few years ago, so now the food at both spots is pretty similar.

Did the Double T move? Because the one I went to (on Rt. 40/BNP) has been there for well over 30 years. Not that I ever went the sober or before midnight, but I remember the place qite clearly.

Shame if the sold the old classic diner building.

"Don't go braggin' about how cool and clean your kitchen is. 'Caus if your kitchen's so cool and clean, ain't nothin' cookin'!"

-- Jesse Jackson

#8 Pool Boy

Pool Boy

DC Crüdite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

There are now (at least) two Double T diners. The one close to the Baltimore Beltway is still certainly there. The other one is right next to the Forest Diner. I was told at one point that the Forest Diner and the 'new' Double T are owned by the same people now (who also own the other Double T Diner...

Food.Wine.Cats.Hawaiian Shirts.Travel.Art.Music.

#9 JDawgBBall9

JDawgBBall9

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Was scanning through the dining guide...unfortunately, the Forest Diner closed over the spring or summer sometime.

#10 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,112 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Was scanning through the dining guide...unfortunately, the Forest Diner closed over the spring or summer sometime.

Wow, thanks for the update. I suspect not many people remember that this diner was (probably) named for "Sherwood Forest," which was a family-run amusement park nearby.

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users