Stachowski Market and Deli, 28th and P Street in Georgetown, Featuring Jamie Stachowski's Charcuterie

chacha

Stachowski Charcuterie sales and pick up for orders

Tomorrow Sunday December 21 from 12-2 p.m.

Meet me on Pershing drive in the parking lot near the intersection of Route 50 in Arlington.

I will have

Christmas Boudin flavored with cardamom and ginger 12/lb

Venison Pate 19.5/lb

Country Pate 10.50/lb

Rabbit Terrine 13.65/lb

Fresh Kielbasa 5.53/lb

I will be driving a junkie trooper. The password is chacha.

----

[Editor's note: Click down to Post #92 (May 1, 2012) for the opening of Stachowski Market and Deli. Congratulations, Jamie! Cheers, Rocks]

That was awesome. The smell of charcuterie out of that trooper was incredible.

Stachowski Charcuterie sales and pick up for orders

Tomorrow Sunday December 21 from 12-2 p.m.

Meet me on Pershing drive in the parking lot near the intersection of Route 50 in Arlington.

I will have

Christmas Boudin flavored with cardamom and ginger 12/lb

Venison Pate 19.5/lb

Country Pate 10.50/lb

Rabbit Terrine 13.65/lb

Fresh Kielbasa 5.53/lb

I will be driving a junkie trooper. The password is chacha.

Can't speak to the boudin yet, but the kielbasa was delicious for dinner tonight.

Per Chef's suggestion, I poached it in water for about 20 minutes before pan-searing it. The flavors were rich and spicy, with a meatiness that I haven't tasted in a store-bought kielbasa before. Served with a garlic aioli mustard from Trader Joe's, it hit the spot. I missed that unnaturally pinkish color for a moment or two, but I quickly warmed to the natural coloring and am looking forward to cooking up the next one ASAP.

The salami - cured, coated with mold, and dangling from a string perfect for turning any kitchen into the set of That's Amore! - was redolent with garlic and had a soft, juicy texture that gives a pretty good idea of just how much fat goes into these things before the curing begins. Delicious in large chunks.

So glad I caught ChaCha's post this weekend...we'll be writing about the experience (and sharing a picture of Chef Stachowski in his holiday finery) over at Capital Spice this week.

ChaCha getting ready for another drive-by a week from Saturday (March14)

location to be disclosed.

I want to get there this time. My only plans for that day are (so far) in the evening, so I should be able to pull it off.

One of the more fun (and tasty) experiences I've had because of this board in a very long time.

I'm trying very hard not to comment on watching men share their meat with each other.

And Greg the lurker, time to sign up and start posting. It sounds like you aren't doing anything with your time during the day anyway.

I'm trying very hard not to comment on watching men share their meat with each other.
Waitman was very generous and saved the last half of the Salami Cotto for me (I arrived about 5 minutes late). But there IS something disconcerting about a guy - especially Waitman - saving a nice long piece of spicy fatty meat for me.

I also picked up a couple of slabs of the pate de campagne and the smoked kielbasa. I think all that, along with the bottle of Hendricks and case of Fever Tree tonic, will form the basis of my solitary festivities tonite.

Thanks to Jamie and Carolyn for bringing the bounty to us. Next time....BRING MORE!! :rolleyes:

But there IS something disconcerting about a guy saving a nice long piece of spicy fatty meat for me.
togeather we stimulated each other and the govt.wasn't involved.

Ummm, yeah.

and start chirpin about the name.

Jamie is finally realizing our his dream, and putting together a formal business selling and distributing his charcuterie.

I'm not sure why "Stachowski Brand Charcuterie" isn't the leading contender for the name! What was the other idea - someone else will have to pitch in - it was non-memorable enough that it already slipped my mind. MeatSomethingorother.

I came home with bresola, pate, venison sausage, and chicken brats.

I'm not sure why "Stachowski Brand Charcuterie" isn't the leading contender for the name! What was the other idea - someone else will have to pitch in - it was non-memorable enough that it already slipped my mind. MeatSomethingorother.

It was "Meat Crafters" or something like that.

I would just like to say that the aspic around Jamie's pate is pretty much the most delicious taste of anything I have ever had. My wife turned her nose up at this. Ha! More for me.

Oh, and just go with your name, man!

I came home with bresola, pate, venison sausage, and chicken brats.

Update: my 9-year-old daughter, who wouldn't even touch a burger at Ray's after the parking lot pickup, scarfed down bresola, venison sausage, and the chicken brats at dinner (along with some baguette, salad, and brie.) She wouldn't touch the pate, but the 11-year-old happily ate a double portion. I like that my kids prefer real food to chain and fast-food crap, but it's an expensive victory...

So your kid will eat Bambi but not Babe? <_<

Hamburgers, and other ground meat (meatloaf, stuffed cabbage) seem to be on the "reject" list.

Steak itself, not a problem - she's taken down an entire hanger at Ray's before.

And her favorite Jewish joke: "If God didn't want us to eat pig, he wouldn't have wrapped it in bacon." No problem eating Babe. :rolleyes:

Bresola and smoked kielbasa for dinner last night. Yes, sometimes life is good. The bresola's gone, but we have plenty of kielbasa left ... for now.

A couple of friends dropped by around 9:00 last night. None of us was particularly hungry, but we decided to taste the pate de campagne, along with some 12-grain bread from Heidelberg. So much for not being hungry. It's gone. But we still have a few tasty treats to look forward to.

"Stachowski Brand" is the way to go.

So, when's the next drive-by?

I am so happy to be quitting my all-consuming day job in a few weeks so that I can resume reading this board, and finding out about stuff like this BEFORE IT HAPPENS. :rolleyes:
Too bad @chacha is not our favorite meat vendor. Otherwise, I could have Twitter text me when new meat day occurs! Sadly for me, though, this time I was available later in the day, but not at noon. Nuts!

mucho amore, I will bring more next time. and start chirpin about the name. togeather we stimulated each other and the govt.wasn't involved.

Lamb merguez, please. Please?!

The dry salami and bresaola are fantastic. I think I can smell the smoked kielbasa from the driveway.

Use your name.

I don't care what they call it, or how they spell it, just so I can get (on a regular basis) some of that merguez I got to sample at Taste of the Nation last night! Good stuff - as was everything else they were offering.
Jamie was looking sharp last night that's for sure! The setup and presentation looked great, so I am sorry that I missed it....

If anybody is interested in some Easter kielbasa come and pick it up.(5301 32nd st. N. ARL. va. 22207)

10 AM - 2 PM TOMORROW. Go directly to the garage.

Saturday April 11. or call me 202 413 7355.

Thanks for all the chat about the name- I have showed to my partner.

If anybody is interested in some Easter kielbasa come and pick it up.(5301 32nd st. N. ARL. va. 22207)

10 AM - 2 PM TOMORROW. Go directly to the garage.

Saturday April 11. or call me 202 413 7355.

Thanks for all the chat about the name- I have showed to my partner.

Ooooh. My sister just this morning told me about the massive lines outside the Polish butchers in her neighborhood (Greenpoint aka NYC's Little Poland).

Now I'm thinking I might have to withdraw some money at the bank...