Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonRocks

Breaking News - Mark Slater Joins Ray's

46 posts in this topic

This evening, March 14th, 2009, marks the end of Mark Slater's illustrious tenure at Citronelle. The great sommelier, who accepted the national 2007 James Beard Award for Outstanding Wine Service, has chosen to take the next step in his long and storied career.

And congratulations to Citronelle for landing the outstanding talent Kathy Morgan, who worked previously at 2941 and Tosca, and who will be wearing the tastevin for Citronelle beginning next week.

There is a big, big Part Two to this story, which I am not yet at liberty to disclose, but which will become public knowledge in the next 24-72 hours. Suffice it to say that it's a happy ending for everyone, and that we'll all be seeing more of Mark in the immediate future.

Once again, congratulations to Mark, Kathy, and Citronelle. Stay tuned, and brace yourself...

There is a big, big Part Two to this story, which I am not yet at liberty to disclose, but which will become public knowledge in the next 24-72 hours. Suffice it to say that it's a happy ending for everyone, and that we'll all be seeing more of Mark in the immediate future.

Once again, congratulations to Mark, Kathy, and Citronelle. Stay tuned, and brace yourself...

The only way this will be a happy ending for "everyone" will be if Mark continues to make his enormous knowledge and experience and kind wisdom available to those of us in the DC metro area. But congratulations anyway, Mark [although I feel like this is Cassidy leaving Sundance].

The only way this will be a happy ending for "everyone" will be if Mark continues to make his enormous knowledge and experience and kind wisdom available to those of us in the DC metro area. But congratulations anyway, Mark [although I feel like this is Cassidy leaving Sundance].

Thank you all for the kind words and wishes.

John: I fully intend to up the ante:rolleyes: in the wine world in DC and beyond in a far more populist manner than my past would permit.

Thank you all for the kind words and wishes.

John: I fully intend to up the ante:rolleyes: in the wine world in DC and beyond in a far more populist manner than my past would permit.

Wow huge news! Certainly looking forward to seeing what you are going to do.

Congratulations!

Crap, the line for a table will spill out across the river now!

Congrats to all, and especially to the lucky diners of Greater Washington.

Mark, what ever you do you will be great at it and have a huge following!! Looking forward to seeing you soon where ever that may be...R

Our absolue best wishes, Mark. You were as fine of an ambassador as I've ever met in a restaurant. You will not be replaced.

This evening, March 14th, 2009, marks the end of Mark Slater's illustrious tenure at Citronelle. The great sommelier, who accepted the national 2007 James Beard Award for Outstanding Wine Service, has chosen to take the next step in his long and storied career.

And congratulations to Citronelle for landing the outstanding talent Kathy Morgan, who worked previously at 2941 and Tosca, and who will be wearing the tastevin for Citronelle beginning next week.

Congratulations to Mark, Mark you are the king, this is undisputed. Hope to see you in part two. Exciting!

Congratulations to Kathy!

Okay, it's official: Mark will become Director of Wine and Service at the Ray's family of restaurants beginning later this week.

Hopefully Mark or Michael will provide supporting details, but until then: Please don't just show up to Ray's The Steaks assuming Mark will immediately be working the floor (although he will be at some point). For now, I'm sure there is much behind-the-scenes work to be done.

Congratulations to Mark, Kathy, Citronelle, and Michael.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Can't wait to see the Slater vs. MoCo Liquor Board cage match. My money is on Mark!

Congrats all around...

So I'll finally be able to realize my dream of pairing a $22 steak with a $900 Burgundy . :rolleyes:

So Mark's going to spend all his time at Hellburger right? <_<

Will we soon see a Ray's the Grapes?
87787502.png

Yes. Yes we will.

Raise your hand if you don't have enough to do at work...

A hearty congrats to all involved!