Pitango Gelato, Baltimore Gelato Expanding into Other Locations

The Logan Circle store of Pitango Gelato opens today. Noah is a really nice guy, and the gelato is excellent. His dedication to getting the best ingredients is pretty amazing. He definitely scours the area for the best stuff he can get. For a little more about his process I wrote about it on DCist. The pistachio flavor is wonderful.

synaesthesia said:
The Logan Circle store of Pitango Gelato opens today. Noah is a really nice guy, and the gelato is excellent. His dedication to getting the best ingredients is pretty amazing. He definitely scours the area for the best stuff he can get. For a little more about his process I wrote about it on DCist. The pistachio flavor is wonderful.

I'd hope that DR would move this to DC or create a separate entry to highlight the DC location. But in the meantime, all I can say is OMG. I had the Chocolate Noir "gelato" today that is really a sorbet and it is INCREDIBLE. The strawberry sorbet tasted not just like strawberry but like best strawberries ever.

It is a bit pricey though. At $4.65 for a small it won't be an everyday treat, but a treat nonetheless!

I'd hope that DR would move this to DC or create a separate entry to highlight the DC location. But in the meantime, all I can say is OMG. I had the Chocolate Noir "gelato" today that is really a sorbet and it is INCREDIBLE. The strawberry sorbet tasted not just like strawberry but like best strawberries ever.

It is a bit pricey though. At $4.65 for a small it won't be an everyday treat, but a treat nonetheless!

Looks like there's going to be a Pitango in Reston Town Center as well, so yeah, there ought to be a thread both places.

[This is a tough call, and I actually appreciated the gesture of Jamie starting this thread in the Baltimore forum. For a chain, I don't see any reason to favor Washington DC over Baltimore (especially since I've been trying (in vain) to beef up the Baltimore forum for a long time now). The final arbiter is The Dining Guide, which is the equivalent of a card catalog in your local library, and will take you to whichever section you need to be in. Guests? You're fucked. Join and post! :D]

Agreed. Really pricey, but easily the best gelato in the DC area by far. So good.

I'll have to check it out soon, since I just had Dolcezza'a Dulce de Leche on Saturday and it's hard to imagine anything being better...(or pricier :D )

Randomly specific thought but in the right place--the Pitango board which hasn't been active in nearly two years! Unless there's another one somewhere? Anyway:

Biscotti.

More specifically: Pitango's "Authentic Cantucccini Biscotti di Prato"

Just six ingredients and, I think, the best packaged biscotti I've had in at least a very long time...in this country anyway. From a gelato place? Huh?

Has anyone else tried this?

On 5/1/2017 at 2:54 PM, sandynva said:

And the ice cream yesterday was awesome--delicious orange campari sorbet, and a chocolate hazelnut ice cream which was lighter on the hazelnut flavor than i would have liked (as i find many chocolate hazelnut things are, maybe it's a hard flavor to infuse?) but had an amazing texture and the chocolate went nicely with the orange sorbet. 

I really like Pitango Gelato's hazelnut flavor - it's like Nutella without the chocolate but with tons of hazelnut flavor. (I haven't tried their chocolate hazelnut as I unfortunately can't have chocolate anymore - but that keeps me on the lookout for good non-chocolate desserts.)