Pre-Made Potato Salad

I need 25 lbs of potato salad and 25 lbs of macaroni salad for my son's graduation pool party/picnic. I do NOT want to make it myself even though it would taste better. But, let's be honest - do 80 teenagers really care if it's store-bought? I just don't want it to be disgusting (like that awful Amish mac salad they have at my local Weis...ugh...)

That being said...

Can anyone comment on the general tastiness of Reese's potato and macaroni salads? It is a brand that Costco sells so I can get a pretty good deal on it...

If you know of a better ready-made brand, I'm open to hear about it!

FWIW, I live in Frederick and don't want to drive to DC to find something tasty..

Thanks for the help!

I need 25 lbs of potato salad and 25 lbs of macaroni salad for my son's graduation pool party/picnic. I do NOT want to make it myself even though it would taste better. But, let's be honest - do 80 teenagers really care if it's store-bought? I just don't want it to be disgusting (like that awful Amish mac salad they have at my local Weis...ugh...)

That being said...

Can anyone comment on the general tastiness of Reese's potato and macaroni salads? It is a brand that Costco sells so I can get a pretty good deal on it...

If you know of a better ready-made brand, I'm open to hear about it!

FWIW, I live in Frederick and don't want to drive to DC to find something tasty..

Thanks for the help!

"General tastiness" for that age crowd, I think you'd be fine. I really haven't had anything from Costco that was horrible, and the target audience sounds like they may not be that discriminating. Personally I haven't tried either, but I know my family really likes the Costco potato salad.

...FWIW, I live in Frederick and don't want to drive to DC to find something tasty..

Just for giggles, call The Common Market to see what they have to say about this. They might be another local resource for you, although would probably be more $$ than Costco.

Common Market

Just for giggles, call The Common Market to see what they have to say about this. They might be another local resource for you, although would probably be more $$ than Costco.

I've been shopping at the Common Market for years and I love it. However, I think that most of their prepared foods are not very good. And I can't imagine that they'd appeal to a group of teenagers. I think StorageLady would be much better off with the Costco potato salad for this event.

I've been shopping at the Common Market for years and I love it. However, I think that most of their prepared foods are not very good. And I can't imagine that they'd appeal to a group of teenagers. I think StorageLady would be much better off with the Costco potato salad for this event.

I like the Common Market for other things - but I'm guessing there's a big too much vegannaise and tofutti for the teen crowd.

Reviving a thread from 2009- I need potato salad for my trashy birthday party this weekend.  But I want it to taste decently.  Anyone like a pre-made store potato salad?  Wegman's/Giant/Shoppers/HT- anyone have one you think is halfway decent, or with a good tszuj of hot sauce or something you can make it pretty darned good?

If I still lived in Arlington I would buy it in bulk from Heidelberg, but that seems like too long of a drive from me, and a bit too classy for this party. I want it to be tasty but trashy.

5 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

Reviving a thread from 2009- I need potato salad for my trashy birthday party this weekend.  But I want it to taste decently.  Anyone like a pre-made store potato salad?  Wegman's/Giant/Shoppers/HT- anyone have one you think is halfway decent, or with a good tszuj of hot sauce or something you can make it pretty darned good?

If I still lived in Arlington I would buy it in bulk from Heidelberg, but that seems like too long of a drive from me, and a bit too classy for this party. I want it to be tasty but trashy.

Dutch potato salad from Wegmans should fit the bill.