Giolitti Delicatessen, Annapolis

I just got back from dropping my son off at Navy lacrosse camp. Didn't really explore the town too much, but thanks to rbh's post above, we had a late lunch at Giolitti's Deli-it was great! Really good sandwiches, & my son & I both got soup (crab veggie & lentil, respectively) w/ very good bread (focaccia & tuscan) on the side. I wish we had a deli like this close to us....

I got to go to Giolitti's with my Mom for lunch Saturday.  The parking lot is pretty fierce on a Saturday afternoon, but we got a spot after waiting a few minutes.  Luckily people move in and out of here quickly.  I got the porchetta sandwich and a side of pasta salad, and she got the daily special- which was a chicken wrap with lemon and parmesan, feta and their tomato pasta salad.  My sandwich was good, but it had a few too many sweet onions which threw the balance off a little, so I just removed a lot of them.  I kind of regret not getting the muffaletta or meatball which are my old go-tos, but this was good without so many onions.  My pasta salad was very good and fresh.  I really liked the pasta salad that came with Mom's sandwich that has balsamic, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts.  Her wrap was really tasty, as well.  We split a piece of limoncello cake which was very light and tasty.  I picked up some rolls and tuscan bread for home and a frozen lasagna to warm up on busy night, as Hubby loves lasagna and I hate making it.  I would have gotten more, but we have a lot of leftovers in the fridge.  I would say this is Annapolis' Italian Store.  Although their hot items I think are better than the Italian Store.  

Well the lasagna in the refridgerated case that I bought was great, very tasty meat lasagna, but it needed longer to bake longer and at a higher temp than they said, and needed a last little broil at the end to brown the cheese and keep it from being soupy.

Once in awhile we get to stop in on the way to/from the Eastern Shore.... I think it's better than Italian Store in terms of sub quality and variety of hot items (roast chicken, pastas, soup, etc). But, I think pizza is definitely better at Italian Store.

• Like 1