District Taco, Former Taco Truck Now In Multiple Area Brick-And-Mortar Locations

On 11/3/2018 at 5:52 PM, Pool Boy said:

My company bought everyone lunch (it happens a lot) and District Taco was brought in. The meats and accoutrements were all good, but I was very underwhelmed by the tortillas. 

Flour or corn?  I am not sure that either are homemade, at the restaurant you used to have to ask for corn, the default was flour, which I found a bit odd.  I think their corn fall apart easily, but I only really like flour tortillas for fajitas or quesadillas.  Their website says all their ingredients are made from scratch, but I would be surprised to find out their tortillas were not bought, they just don't taste like they are.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:08 PM, Sluggo said:

Visiting philly, and saw a sign for a DT coming soon, on Market St near city hall.  Checked their web site, it won’t be their first Pennsylvania location.  A dc taco chain going national? Kudos to them, wishing them luck!

My in laws live not far from King of Prussia.  There is a whole new-ish mixed use development across from the Wegman's that is like a "Little D.C.".  Within spitting distance from one another are District Taco, Founding Farmers and Compass Coffee.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, ktmoomau said:

Flour or corn?  I am not sure that either are homemade, at the restaurant you used to have to ask for corn, the default was flour, which I found a bit odd.  I think their corn fall apart easily, but I only really like flour tortillas for fajitas or quesadillas.  Their website says all their ingredients are made from scratch, but I would be surprised to find out their tortillas were not bought, they just don't taste like they are.

I tried both. The flour were ok, but the corn were not very good at all. Little flavor, fell apart immediately and reminded me of cardboard.

18 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

I tried both. The flour were ok, but the corn were not very good at all. Little flavor, fell apart immediately and reminded me of cardboard.

Agreed.  I do like their fish tacos and I can make this in my mind an exception to the need corn tortillas rule- not sure why.  We got it catered in my building and I just did a plate without tortillas and then grabbed a bag of chips and it was a make my own nacho/salad experience.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:46 PM, DonRocks said:

The meats, or the tortillas? I can see this going either way.

The Tortillas.

6 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

Agreed.  I do like their fish tacos and I can make this in my mind an exception to the need corn tortillas rule- not sure why.  We got it catered in my building and I just did a plate without tortillas and then grabbed a bag of chips and it was a make my own nacho/salad experience.

That is what I ended up doing - the meats and accoutrements were fine.

We had District Taco on the way home from a fundraising event that we just didn't have time to eat at.  Luckily DT serves in Alexandria until 10 pm on Saturday night.  I got fish tacos on corn tortillas and was quite happy- I added some hot salsa, and they had a good amount of spice.  Their fish tacos are really one of my favorites, although there are a lot of menu items that I have never had.  A lot of people seemed to have the burrito bowl, so I might need to try that sometime.