Momo Sushi and Cafe - Japanese on Queen and N. Lee Street in Old Town Alexandria

Star & Pooch

- Looking for some great Mexican, Sushi, and a good Canolli in Alexandria area.

If you're looking for Alexandria Sushi I am a huge fan of Momo Sushi on Queen Street. It used to be a tiny tiny little 17 seat place but recently had the upper floor renovated to more than double their capacity.

Personally I think you need to stray *much* further to find good mexican or a good cannoli.

If you're looking for Alexandria Sushi I am a huge fan of Momo Sushi on Queen Street.

Personally I think you need to stray *much* further to find good mexican or a good cannoli.

We have tried MoMo and it is in the running.

How much further for the mexican or cannoli?

We have tried MoMo and it is in the running.

How much further for the mexican or cannoli?

I honestly have not found a cannoli anywhere in the beltway that I care for.

Mexican is a tough one. I grew up in southern New Mexico and am beholden to a very specific regional style of mexican food that owns my heart and soul (of which there is really none here.) It is difficult for me to work past that and enjoy any other mexican styles, but if I am I do very much like Guajillo in Arlington - it shares a door with Ray's Hell Burger.

I honestly have not found a cannoli anywhere in the beltway that I care for.

Mexican is a tough one. I grew up in southern New Mexico and am beholden to a very specific regional style of mexican food that owns my heart and soul (of which there is really none here.) It is difficult for me to work past that and enjoy any other mexican styles, but if I am I do very much like Guajillo in Arlington - it shares a door with Ray's Hell Burger.

It's posts like this that drive the DBA in me bonkers.

My most recent experience with Momo was a very nice sushi platter they had prepared for a friend's party last week. The fish was all quite fresh and attractively presented and included a variety of rolls and nigiri.

Our carry-out experiences (less recent) have also been positive - the service is friendly and considerate, with nice touches like throwing in an extra container of miso when they see there are two of us. I'm still slightly partial to that other place in Palisades, but Momo is a handy, if slightly more expensive, local option when the trek up there is too much trouble. And the cost savings is probably negated by gas used :angry: .

I can't believe I have never posted in this thread.  I get sushi here at least every other month as it is close to my work.  More in the summer, less when it is yucky outside.  I always find their sushi pretty fresh, although there are always things I like more than others.  I don't love their spicy tuna roll, so I tend to go for just a tuna or salmon roll.  I just last week got their chicken yakisoba.  This was a perfect little portion of noodles with chicken and a nice portion of veggies (I say little, it was a lunch portion and the right size, I was glad it wasn't just a huge box of noodles).  I was worried it wouldn't have enough veggies as I wanted and this was a concern I needn't have.  It also had a small bit of salad with their sesame ginger dressing and a small cup of miso soup with it, so all in all with the salad and soup it was a fair size portion for lunch.  But I thought the noodles were great, especially on what was a strangely cold day for the temperature.

Was STARVING today, the jetlag has me all mixed up.  I ordered the sushi deluxe combo (6 pcs California Roll and 6 pieces nigri) and added on a cucumber roll.  It was all delicious and a nice change of pace from all the food of Croatia.

Ok, so I had my normal order today (Sushi Deluxe plus cucumber roll) but I ate in the restaurant today instead of take out.  I do believe the pieces were bigger (maybe they make the ones smaller because they have to fit in the boxes?) eating in.  I shouldn't have eaten it all, now I am super stuffed.