Miguel's Cocina Y Cantina, Owner Michael Marx's Tex-Mex at 1200 Stuart Street in Locust Point - Closed

Miguel's is a new restaurant from Michael Marx, former owner of Blue Agave and current owner of BBQ place Rub.
I've been a couple times in the last few weeks, for both dinner and Sunday brunch.
pics

The menu is pretty diverse, and I like that it has an emphasis on stuff with mole sauces. I've had the Tacos El Pastor, the Carne asada empanadas, Queso Fundido with chorizo, Tostada de mariscos and the Jicama y Naranja salad. All yummy.
I look forward to trying their Tostaditas de Chapulines with dried grasshoppers sometime.

For brunch, my favorite was the Ibarra Masa pancakes, with chocolate, Ancho chile butter and Gran Gala orange Agave syrup
It's nice to have this place within walking distance.

Miguel's
1200 Stuart St.
Baltimore, MD
(443)438-3139

We really enjoyed the Sunday brunch and were sad to see it mostly empty while we enjoyed our meal.

My wife had the Ibarra Masa pancakes and I had the Huevos Sincronizadas. I requested a side of refried beans instead of potatoes but they only had black beans. This was unfortunate because the potatoes ended up being rubbery flavorless potato nubs. The dish itself was fantastic, with excellent layers of fluffy eggs and cheese and a great mole poblano, but both dishes sat in our stomach unlike anything I've ever eaten before. After 9 hours, most of which were spent doing yardwork, we still felt like we had cinder blocks in our stomach.

I recommend the place but try to reign in your gusto if you're typically a plate-cleaner like I am.