Carribean Grill, Pan-Latino Diner with Pollo a la Brasa and Sandwiches on Lee Highway in North Arlington

Caribbean Grill is on of our go-to take out places (although there are a few tables inside). It is on Lee Hwy at the intersection with George Mason Rd. in the same shopping center as Saran. (You know the place that is really difficult to get in and out of)

The chicken while very good, just isn't as good as El Pollo Rico; however, the sides more than make up for difference in chicken seasoning. I think the Cuban rice is very good. Not overly spiced, but very comforting. They have fried, baked and stewed yucca. The fried is my favorite. Nice texture that stands up against the ride back home even. The plantains have nice flavor and you get a reasonable portion. They also have steamed veggies, non-Cuban rice and a nice selection of beans.

This place is quick, tasty and pretty affordable. I hear they have a really good Cuban sandwich, but we always get chicken. Will have to try it sometime. They also have a lot of Cuban specialties I have also not tried yet. Ordering a whole chicken provides days of food for me, so it is just so hard to pass up, especially when the whole place smells like roasting chicken. The ladies are always very nice, and you can almost always get a table.

Caribbean Grill is on of our go-to take out places (although there are a few tables inside). It is on Lee Hwy at the intersection with George Mason Rd. in the same shopping center as Saran. (You know the place that is really difficult to get in and out of)

The chicken while very good, just isn't as good as El Pollo Rico; however, the sides more than make up for difference in chicken seasoning. I think the Cuban rice is very good. Not overly spiced, but very comforting. They have fried, baked and stewed yucca. The fried is my favorite. Nice texture that stands up against the ride back home even. The plantains have nice flavor and you get a reasonable portion. They also have steamed veggies, non-Cuban rice and a nice selection of beans.

This place is quick, tasty and pretty affordable. I hear they have a really good Cuban sandwich, but we always get chicken. Will have to try it sometime. They also have a lot of Cuban specialties I have also not tried yet. Ordering a whole chicken provides days of food for me, so it is just so hard to pass up, especially when the whole place smells like roasting chicken. The ladies are always very nice, and you can almost always get a table.

Funny. When I was working in Falls Church, Caribbean Grill was one of my favorite lunch spots. I always got the chicken (I think I tried the Cuban once, and it was indeed good), but over time I realized I enjoyed the sides more than the chicken, so I finally started just ordering plates of sides. Fried yuca, plantains, and one of the rice dishes makes a delicious and filling -- if carb-heavy -- lunch, esp. with the various sauces they give you.

If you haven't been to Carribean Grill recently and live nearby, it's time for a revisit.  The menu is revamped a bit.  They now have beef and chicken saltenas, the chicken one was delicious.  I had the beef too, which was good, but chicken was delicious.  They now have some new sandwiches and wraps.  The jerk pork has a nice spice too it.  You can get it as a plate, sandwich or wrap.  The wrap has black beans and rice and peppers, onions and tomatoes.  It was really good.  It was a pretty great burrito.  They had some other new stuff on the menu I haven't had a chance to try yet, but I am going to based on how good my saltena and burrito and Hubby's pork plate was.  We typically get the chicken family meal, but this was a nice departure. 

• Like 1

I went here for lunch today and got a burrito.  I didn't mean to get a burrito, I know the menu said burrito, but for some reason I thought it was a wrap, from memory, I thought they had wraps and didn't notice that this had changed to burrito, even though I said the word burrito out loud to order the item.  I wish I had processed this a bit more because I am sure they would have made me a wrap or a burrito with whatever items I wanted left out.  I am really not a big burrito person.  I don't really like burritos anywhere I think it just muddles good flavors into bland big squishyness.  I did think there was good texture on the burrito tortilla itself and the chicken is great, as are their beans.  This burrito was good for a burrito, but given the amount of carbs I would have rather gotten a chicken platter or a wrap.  I also got fried yuca.  I love the fried yuca here with their sauces.  But the burrito seems to be a big lunch seller for the lunch crowd so I get it.

They had chicken saltenas and I got two for later.  Those were great, as usual.