Elephant Jumps, Route 50 and Gallows Road in Merrifield - Thai in the Former Cities Bakery Space at Yorktowne Center

Made a Sunday post-Dunkirk swing through. 

Went full on chalkboard specials: Whole Crispy SnapperShrimp in Tamarind Sauce, Fried Soft Shelled CrabBanana Blossom Salad

I clearly undervalue this place since I don't eat there at least weekly - I need to reevaluate my priorities. Lone complaint this round was none of the items brought any heat, but I "chalk" that up to being specific to the dishes themselves and not a change in the kitchen's mission. Also the riesling they had by glass was a garbage August Cellars option, but that's not so much a complaint as a warning.

13 minutes ago, saxdrop said:

Made a Sunday post-Dunkirk swing through. 

Went full on chalkboard specials: Whole Crispy SnapperShrimp in Tamarind Sauce, Fried Soft Shelled CrabBanana Blossom Salad

I clearly undervalue this place since I don't eat there at least weekly - I need to reevaluate my priorities. Lone complaint this round was none of the items brought any heat, but I "chalk" that up to being specific to the dishes themselves and not a change in the kitchen's mission. Also the riesling they had by glass was a garbage August Cellars option, but that's not so much a complaint as a warning.

Had the banana blossom salad (with shrimp) last week -- great.

Tried some stuff from their authentic menu.  The green curry chicken noodle was a bland dish with sliced breast meat.  The curry pork was mostly sweet and not much else.  The shrimp and chicken salad was fantastic, coconut flavor contrasted brightly with spicy ingredients.  Service was attentive.  They did ask why we left most of the food uneaten.