Fiola, Penn Quarter in the old Le Paradou Space - Now with Several Locations Worldwide

Opens April 4:

FIOLA OPENS IN "LA SERENISSIMA"

It's only a matter of days before Fiola at Dopolavoro Venezia opens at the JW Marriott Venice Resort and Spa on the private Venetian island Isola delle Rose. Chef Fabio and the team will delight you with culinary creations from the Adriatic and the Venetian Lagoon. Fiola Venezia opens April 4th and serves Dinner on Monday, and Thursday through Sunday, and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Fiola Venezia is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Reservations are available now via OpenTable.

Tom, in today's chat, says Fiola will be switching to dinner only as of June 17th.

No one stocks better servers, in all his many restaurants, than the esteemed Fabio Trabocchi, whose empire now extends to Venice and who just informed me that as of June 17, he's going to serve dinner only at Fiola, which he plans to renovate and turn into a "world-class restaurant" in 2020.

4 hours ago, Pat said:

Tom, in today's chat, says Fiola will be switching to dinner only as of June 17th.

as of June 17, he's going to serve dinner only at Fiola, which he plans to renovate and turn into a "world-class restaurant" in 2020.

Great...so we can look forward to the tasting menus doubling in price, and the reasonable four or five course prix fixe going away?

17 hours ago, mtureck said:

Great...so we can look forward to the tasting menus doubling in price, and the reasonable four or five course prix fixe going away?

I would also expect that "world-class" means higher prices. All I know for sure is this means the end of the Restaurant Week lunches I used to enjoy with a friend who works nearby, as well as a prime jury duty lunch spot. I haven't had a meal here in quite some time that wasn't one of those specials.

• Like 1

For Mother's Day, Fiola Mare offered a 3 course brunch for $75.  One of the entree options is the Lobster Ravioli, listed at $62.  I had to confirm that there's no supplement for ordering the Lobster Ravioli.  I can't see myself ever actually paying $62 for just the Lobster Ravioli.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

For Mother's Day, Fiola Mare offered a 3 course brunch for $75.  One of the entree options is the Lobster Ravioli, listed at $62.  I had to confirm that there's no supplement for ordering the Lobster Ravioli.  I can't see myself ever actually paying $62 for just the Lobster Ravioli.

Even as an extremely non-frugal person the pricing at the Trabocchi places always frustrate / baffle me.  I know lobster prices have gone up across the board but that still seems absurd.

• Like 2

We went for dinner last week and were thoroughly impressed. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. The balance of flavors, textures and temperatures on all of our dishes was perfect. We had the 4 course menu, which was plenty of food, and the little extras they gave us along the way were a great touch (including a generous pour of a desert wine). We prefer cocktails over wine, and ordered two of their signatures, both well-balanced and complex enough to keep me sipping happily throughout the meal.

Fiola is an outstanding restaurant and deserves its star, but is the food worth what we paid? It depends. Even though we loved our meal there we probably wouldn't have gone had we not been given a gift card (hello daycare!). We were discussing at dinner that as good as the food was, was it twice as good as places we've eaten that cost half as much? Probably not, but that's an objective measure for something that is inherently subjective. It felt like we were paying for the service as much as the food, which isn't a bad thing. The service and ambiance at Fiola were incredible, and certainly made our evening very memorable. 

• Like 4