1 reply to this topic

#1 hillvalley

hillvalley

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

I'm sick of sweet lollipops. How come no one but Jonny Monis knows the brilliance in a savory lollipop?

Ice cream and gelato makers figured it out (ahem, the absurd bourbon ice cream at Radius.) Why not fancy lollipop makers? Is it that hard to do? A sweet basil pop? A lemongrass pop? Bourbon ice cream pop?

And if no one is smart enough to be doing this, who's figuring it out with me because I have no clue?
How do you know you're a well-adjusted foodie?-babka
Will schmooz for schmaltz-qwertyy

Just keep on smiling-Mrs. Brown

She never promised that life would be easy, but she did promise that if I hung with her the food would be good. -Joan Bauer

...the craving of a Jew for pork, in particular when it has been deep-fried, is a force greater than night or distance or a cold blast off the Gulf of Alaska.
-Michael Chabon

#2 zoramargolis

zoramargolis

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

I'm sick of sweet lollipops. How come no one but Jonny Monis knows the brilliance in a savory lollipop?

Ice cream and gelato makers figured it out (ahem, the absurd bourbon ice cream at Radius.) Why not fancy lollipop makers? Is it that hard to do? A sweet basil pop? A lemongrass pop? Bourbon ice cream pop?

And if no one is smart enough to be doing this, who's figuring it out with me because I have no clue?

A lollipop is a candy made from sugar cooked to the hard crack stage and flavored. When you say you want a "savory" lollipop, you are asking the sugar be given herb (or whiskey) flavors instead of citrus or fruit flavors. Does that make them "savory"? They'll still be made from cooked sugar and be very sweet. I tend to think of savory as being "not-sweet."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users