Savory Lollipops

hillvalley

I'm sick of sweet lollipops. How come no one but Jonny Monis knows the brilliance in a savory lollipop?

Ice cream and gelato makers figured it out (ahem, the absurd bourbon ice cream at Radius.) Why not fancy lollipop makers? Is it that hard to do? A sweet basil pop? A lemongrass pop? Bourbon ice cream pop?

And if no one is smart enough to be doing this, who's figuring it out with me because I have no clue?

I'm sick of sweet lollipops. How come no one but Jonny Monis knows the brilliance in a savory lollipop?

Ice cream and gelato makers figured it out (ahem, the absurd bourbon ice cream at Radius.) Why not fancy lollipop makers? Is it that hard to do? A sweet basil pop? A lemongrass pop? Bourbon ice cream pop?

And if no one is smart enough to be doing this, who's figuring it out with me because I have no clue?

A lollipop is a candy made from sugar cooked to the hard crack stage and flavored. When you say you want a "savory" lollipop, you are asking the sugar be given herb (or whiskey) flavors instead of citrus or fruit flavors. Does that make them "savory"? They'll still be made from cooked sugar and be very sweet. I tend to think of savory as being "not-sweet."