Banff, Alberta, Canada

winger1930

I have a trip out here for work next week, and I know nothing about the place. Pictures indicate that it looks a lot like Glacier National Park, which is fine by me. Beyond food, suggestions on anything else that I should see out there would be much appreciated. No car for me either - instead, I'm taking a $275 sedan from the airport because I don't want to drive off a mountain. :)

Went to Banff a couple years ago. It's beautiful. I would recommend getting up on the glacier- it's unforgettable.

For food, I'd recommend dinner at the Maple Leaf Grille. I had an amazing Elk filet there. They specialize in local game meats and fish, and have a great wine selection.

We also had a great time taking high tea at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.

I have a trip out here for work next week, and I know nothing about the place. Pictures indicate that it looks a lot like Glacier National Park, which is fine by me. Beyond food, suggestions on anything else that I should see out there would be much appreciated. No car for me either - instead, I'm taking a $275 sedan from the airport because I don't want to drive off a mountain. :)

If you go into the national park, there is a lodge (the Lake Lodge?) where you can have tea and look out over a gorgeous landscape, often with elk. Live elk, walking around, that is.

Mmmmm...elk. Oh, live elk. I used to tell my wife when we went to the Baltimore Aquarium that it was like watching a buffet swimming in front of me.

I'm staying at the Banff Centre so I'm guessing I'm close to all of these things. Apparently the Centre is only a 20 minute walk to town, and it's actually warmer there right now than here.