On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

I have been for drinks, but not food. Was quite surprised to learn that the place even has food. It's decidedly clubby - not to mention super-snooty- in there, or at least it was when I went (maybe six months ago?).

Anyone been to Blue Gin in G-town.  Mr. B and I may be going this evening unless I decide it's too hip for me.

I have been for drinks, but not food.  Was quite surprised to learn that the place even has food.  It's decidedly clubby - not to mention super-snooty- in there, or at least it was when I went (maybe six months ago?).

This is decidedly not for me :lol: 2 stars or not. We will be at Sushi-Ko @ 7:00 instead. If anyone's interested in joining let me know and I'll change the 2 top.

Thanks for the feedback

It's quiet. Too quiet.

How 'bout Nats tickets for tonite? My company has 2 tickets, good seats I'm told, and the person who "won" them cannot go...nor can anyone else in my office. I hate to just let them go to waste :lol: so Al or anyone, PM me if interested and I can arrange to get them to you. (I work downtown) Terri

How 'bout Nats tickets for tonite? My company has 2 tickets, good seats I'm told, and the person who "won" them cannot go...nor can anyone else in my office. I hate to just let them go to waste  :lol:   so Al or anyone, PM me if interested and I can arrange to get them to you. (I work downtown) Terri

Ha. Can't go, or doesn't want to go in the rain?

How 'bout Nats tickets for tonite? My company has 2 tickets, good seats I'm told, and the person who "won" them cannot go...nor can anyone else in my office. I hate to just let them go to waste  :lol:   so Al or anyone, PM me if interested and I can arrange to get them to you. (I work downtown) Terri

WOW! If this isn't a case of "a day late and a dollar short", I don't know what is. I was busy putting tonight's dinner together when you posted this. After last night's game (we got home from HH at Firefly and some more comestibles at Bistro du Coin--hey! it's on the way home and we were on foot) we arrived home in time to check into the eighth inning. Got to see the great comeback. WHAT A GAME!!! I would have risked the weather to go tonight. Oh, well.

All I can say is, the next time somebody's got tickets they can't use, CALL ME (202-483-1792).

Barbara

I may have up to 3 extra tickets for tomorrow (Tuesday) night's FIRST PLACE Nats game. If anyone is interested in meeting at Eastern Market metro at 6:30 and heading to the game with me, let me know. Price of ticket= 1 beer for me. I have decent seats looking up the 3rd base line from the 3rd row of the upper deck. They're playing Oakland at 7:05.

I should know later today exactly what the leftover ticket situation is. I'm waiting to hear if my brother, Derrick Dente, can make it to the game.

Apologies in advance should this offer have to be rescinded due to family priorities.

I may have up to 3 extra tickets for tomorrow (Tuesday) night's FIRST PLACE Nats game. If anyone is interested in meeting at Eastern Market metro at 6:30 and heading to the game with me, let me know. Price of ticket= 1 beer for me. I have decent seats looking up the 3rd base line from the 3rd row of the upper deck. They're playing Oakland at 7:05.

I should know later today exactly what the leftover ticket situation is. I'm waiting to hear if my brother, Derrick Dente, can make it to the game.

Apologies in advance should this offer have to be rescinded due to family priorities.

Am I too Late??? Craig and I would LOVE to go.

Barbara

Ai, mamita.  I don't even wanna think about what Saturday night at Le Bureau will be like this time.

I'm going on a bit of a bachelor party night out Saturday night and we might have to drop in on BdC for our last stop of the evening.

What time are they open until?, When do the amateurs go home? Also, what kind of infraction would one have to commit in order to get kicked out?

According to the official DR.com calendar, the festivities are this evening:  click here.

A 5,000 gallon tanker hit a donkey on I-66 this morning and flipped.

The driver is reportedly okay, but authorities said most of the unspecified

booze spilled onto the roadway and evaporated.

What a tragedy!

The truck was bound for a delivery on Connecticuit Avenue, but no one was able to confirm where.

Edited by Meaghan

I'm going on a bit of a bachelor party night out Saturday night and we might have to drop in on BdC for our last stop of the evening.

What time are they open until?, When do the amateurs go home? Also, what kind of infraction would one have to commit in order to get kicked out?

Al,

they are open till 2 am or whenever, but fear not - the festivities thereafter typically migrate next door to Timberlakes where more naughtiness ensues until 3 am or so.

And I don't think you get kicked out of BdC. Unless you insist on them cooking the rice you brought with you.

I still have 1 ticket left. We (me, my bro, and his wife) will be hitting Sonoma around 5 or 5:30 for some apps and wine beforehand. PM me if you're interested.

I was just on the phone making reservations for Minibar, and they told me that there is an opening at the 6pm seating tonight for 2 people. If anyone is interested, you may want to give them a call ASAP.

Planning on heading into town for dinner tonight.  Anyone interested?

Not sure of the destination, but thinking about Hank's, Corduroy, or Palena.  Maybe I will even try some scallops...

I would but I'm heading to Meriweather Post Pavilion tonight. Anyone have any recs near there for snacks and drinks?

Planning on heading into town for dinner tonight.  Anyone interested?

Not sure of the destination, but thinking about Hank's, Corduroy, or Palena.  Maybe I will even try some scallops...

Probably headed to Palena tonight around 8:15-8:30ish.

I would but I'm heading to Meriweather Post Pavilion tonight.  Anyone have any recs near there for snacks and drinks?

I'm probably too late to catch you, but AN LOI for Pho and their specials--(I believe it's on Snowden River Pkwy)

I would but I'm heading to Meriweather Post Pavilion tonight.  Anyone have any recs near there for snacks and drinks?

For future reference, Trattoria e Pizzeria da Enrico in Kings Contrivance Village Center (Guilford Road) is worth the 2-3-mile detour off of Route 29. A divey strip-mall southern Italian place with food better than you'd expect, rumor has it they opened a second location in Dorsey's Search Village Center, and if that's the case, I suspect it won't be as good as the first.

Dithering between trying to find parking near Gailo and making my first Grill stop for lunch or sticking with 2 Amy's.

Choices, choices...

I'm also going to stop at the USDA Farmer's Market if it's not pouring around noon.

I figure I need good provisions before I had up to WVA.

Jennifer

If you get takeout from the Grill, you can park illegally at the entrance and quickly nip in and out. That's what I usually do.

I'd be all over the Grill today, but stayed up really late over sushi last night...have to detox. Sorry.

Would anyone like to hit Corduroy tonite?  I haven't been forever, and am overdue.

Love to, but I'm supposed to see somebody about buying a laptop tonight. If that falls through (still no word from them) I might go.

Wait...GRILL today? But it's [breadline] fish day! :lol:

A couple of us are planning on heading over to Sonoma after the cheese tasting this Sunday evening. There are a couple of spots open for my reservation at 8pm, so if you would like to join us please email or PM me.

A couple of us are planning on heading over to Sonoma after the cheese tasting this Sunday evening.  There are a couple of spots open for my reservation at 8pm, so if you would like to join us please email or PM me.

How did the post-Cheesetique outing go?

I'm off to ______________ (insert name of as yet to be determined Metro-accessible restaurant with relatively inexpensive menu and comfortable bar here) this evening. Anyone else looking for some Rockwellian action? I think it should be somewhere not yet reviewed on DR.com.

I'm off to ______________ (insert name of as yet to be determined Metro-accessible restaurant with relatively inexpensive menu and comfortable bar here) this evening. Anyone else looking for some Rockwellian action? I think it should be somewhere not yet reviewed on DR.com.

Can't do anything tonight, but I am organizing HH at Sonoma on Thursday. Basically my fellow knuckle draggers, but any Rockwellian that feels the whim is invited to join in the general merriment.

I'll be at DavidGreggory with my office for drinks and dinner...so can't hookup, but I did notice looking at the menu that they have a pretty nice looking happy hour that goes until 10pm.

I was thinking about stopping by FF tomorrow though, since my hubby needs to work a little late...

(a blip just happened while I was posting...is my monitor going, or did the skin just change from grey to a beige-green color?)

Edited by squidsdc

I have not. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl.

Have you been to Hank's? Granted the bar is SMALL, but I was thinking of heading in for a lobster roll, although I would be up for CB and a Rockwellian outing of sorts.

Have you been to Hank's?  Granted the bar is SMALL, but I was thinking of heading in for a lobster roll, although I would be up for CB and a Rockwellian outing of sorts.

I walked into Hank's a couple of weeks ago and attempted to get a view of the bar over the heads of the 200 peeps in front of me. Gave up and went to Komi. But I'll be back.

I'm warming up to this Circle Bistro concept. Hmmmm...

I walked into Hank's a couple of weeks ago and attempted to get a view of the bar over the heads of the 200 peeps in front of me. Gave up and went to Komi. But I'll be back.

I'm warming up to this Circle Bistro concept. Hmmmm...

Circle Bistro has been reviewed here, how strict were you going to be?

Circle Bistro has been reviewed here, how strict were you going to be?

I'm not strict at all. I just gotta make sure my ol' lady isn't going to be strict. Still awaiting a reply from her to see if I can go out and play. Hopefully my recent foray into the laundry room will pay off.

I'm not strict at all. I just gotta make sure my ol' lady isn't going to be strict. Still awaiting a reply from her to see if I can go out and play. Hopefully my recent foray into the laundry room will pay off.

If you get the kitchen pass :lol: let us know so we can join you.