On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

I insulted Miracle Whip too ya know! Just sayin.

Wiki

Some seem to disagree. He seems to have trademarked another's saying as his own.

Before we get too far off-topic, I remember attending a Neil Simon play on Broadway once, and the Playbill biography had the chutzpah to say 'the only serious rival to Neil Simon as a playwright is William Shakespeare.' Hoo, boy.

Before we get too far off-topic, I remember attending a Neil Simon play on Broadway once, and the Playbill biography had the chutzpah to say 'the only serious rival to Neil Simon as a playwright is William Shakespeare.' Hoo, boy.

Was it better than Cats?

I insulted Miracle Whip too ya know! Just sayin.

Wiki

Some seem to disagree. He seems to have trademarked another's saying as his own.

seems kobe seller-like, doesn't he?

I heard a radio ad touting Dunkin Donut's new "artisian bagels" - wouldn't Dunkin Donut bagels, almost tautologically, be not artisan? But unlike Kobe, there isn't an area in Japan called "artisan" that also makes bagels that are very good but who's name is constantly devlaued by others.

I didn't know anything about Kobe before this thread...but my takeaway, unfortunately, includes a little less trust of the high-end restaraunt business. At a minimum, I know to avoid places hawking Kobe beef.

Not sure where to put this, so here it is. I am much less inclined to participate knowing that even innocuous posts will be edited by a moderator (Don?) with no warning or notice. I do not like having my words and possibly my intent changed by someone behind the scenes. If asked, I will make necessary changes for clarity or explain my intentions. But just deleting things, well...it makes me wonder how many of my other posts have been edited and I just didn't go back to them to notice. Signing off now.

The only post of yours that has been edited, deleted, or changed in any way is this one that I'm quoting - because as always, you come back for a few weeks, then the one-line posts start to turn "tough," then when nobody responds to them you get snide, and then when nobody pays attention to that you become downright toxic because you don't get 100% of the attention here. I can't count the number of times you have tried to damage this community with your self-centered attempts at drama and immersing yourself in this perverse fantasy of being The Victim, and I'm not going to let it happen again. I have *NO* idea what you're talking about, and at this point I couldn't care less.

Alrighty, I know this is last minute and somewhat lame, but I am tired of not having tech support at work and I miss my husband and I am sick of scarfing leftover (crummy) pizza alone in my apartment. If anyone is up for a whim anytime soon, I am game - I am definitely starting to feel the pangs of loneliness, and some nice social interaction with fabulous DR folks would help, I'm sure. :D In Rosslyn, but will travel...

On 4/17/2005 at 11:05 AM, Guest All Dented said:

This unmoderated, unedited thread can be used by anyone and everyone who wants to get together for dinner, meet for a drink after work, rabblerouse, cavort and just enjoy the pleasures of each others company.

Feel free to post here as often as you'd like!

On 3/14/2018 at 10:05 AM, Al Dente said:

Where's the whimming?

It's been THREE YEARS since someone posted here?

You must have scared them off. ;)

I do wish there was some way I could alert people that others live near them, but I can't do that without violating my privacy pledge.

Maybe we could start a bulletin board so people could post their neighborhoods? I could maintain it like the way I do with the Oldest Restaurants threads (sorted by member name within neighborhood) - having a master list at the top. I could also make it so only power users can see the list, so people won't need to worry about it being on Google or anything.

Many people have developed life-long friendships by meeting here - one pair of friends even got married after meeting here. 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ericandblueboy said:

If you’re eating out and you want fellow DR friends to stop by and say hi - just post here with your dining out plans.

This Weekend we’ll be visiting Union Market on Saturday 10-12ish, and have brunch at Officina on Sunday @ 11:30.

This post sparks so much joy.

• Like 1

Las minute--If anyone is around town tonight, I find myself possibly waiting for Mr. S while he has a dinner meeting at Joe's Stone Crab. I was thinking of hanging out in the bar and getting a bite and wait for him, if anyone would like to join? I'm also game to go elsewhere nearby... (He just texted me about this-originally thought his meeting was Wednesday so I would have made plans sooner!)