On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

I just learned that my car is ready at the shop and I need to pick it up before they close today; however, I should still be able to come back downtown and participate unless home calls or I'm significantly delayed.

Just a heads-up. The Flower Mart at the National Catherdral will be next weekend. The ladies of the church always have a "lobster roll" stand on the Friday of the two-day festival. (I believe they sell crab cakes on Saturday.)

I was introduced to this several years ago by my late friend, Carolyn Llorente, in whose name we are redesigning and replanting that traffic triangle by the 7-11 in Adams Morgan.

They sell out early, so if anybody here is a foodie/gardener email me if you want have a lobster roll. They cost $6. It helps to carry some paper plates, napkins, and S&P. The Bishop's Garden is usually available to eat in relative quiet among the flowering gardens.

Reply to: some guy

Date: 2005-05-05, 9:07AM EDT

Located near the downtown area on 11th St Between M St NW and Mass Ave NW. Window A/C, laundry room in building. Rent includes all utilities. Near the crosstown and downtown bus routes.

11th Street NW at M St NW google map yahoo map

Tempting. Really...tempting. Too bad it's close only to Corduroy and nothing else. :lol:

Excuse me?  Explination please ;) (for the rest of us who will never get there)

And why would you never get there? And I agree that we need an explanation.

Marcel's? Poste? 21P?

So which one is it JG? I need to know if I need to bring a change of clothes to work. I don't want to spoil anyone's dining if we go to Marcel's and I am wearing jeans. :lol:

I'd like to know more about what the "$16 bar tart" includes.

I've heard no comments regarding 21P or Poste so I guess the survey says: Marcel's." Does anyone know if they have any sort of happy hour specials?

And with regards to "the Grill," I was there today and I saw Busboy in the line and also I think Craig.

I'd like to know more about what the "$16 bar tart" includes.

I've heard no comments regarding 21P or Poste so I guess the survey says: Marcel's."  Does anyone know if they have any sort of happy hour specials?

And with regards to "the Grill," I was there today and I saw Busboy in the line and also I think Craig.

Yeah, Marcel's sounds good, but also potentially very expensive.

Blast, I knew there was something I was supposed to do today.

I'm open to whatever the consensus dictates -- in other words 21P would be a fine place to investigate through a HH visit.

Edited to add: With regard to the grill, lost one of our cohort so decided to go next time its up and running

And why would you never get there?  And I agree that we need an explanation.

Insert standard hillvalley speech about how underpaid and unappreciated teachers are in this country plus some ramblings about tuition payments here.

I have a feeling that the $16 bar tart isn't what we think. oh Rocks........(he must be trying everything on a menu somewhere and can't get back to us :lol: )

Newcomers, this would be a fine time to meet two of our more disreputable and tawdry members, Nadya and Jacques Gastreaux. 

I promise you won't be bored.

Yeah! Any headhunters out there? Here are two highly intelligent people who need some more high paying work during the day. :lol:

It opens at 11:45.  If you get there much past noon, the line is long and it is hard to find a place to sit outside.  The DR.com protocol is to get there as soon after 11:45 as you can make it.  Right, Nadya?

If it's OK with all of you, I'll try to be there too. Gotta try that pizza again.

johnb