3365 replies to this topic

#3351 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

I insulted Miracle Whip too ya know! Just sayin.

Wiki

Some seem to disagree. He seems to have trademarked another's saying as his own.

Before we get too far off-topic, I remember attending a Neil Simon play on Broadway once, and the Playbill biography had the chutzpah to say 'the only serious rival to Neil Simon as a playwright is William Shakespeare.' Hoo, boy.

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#3352 jayandstacey

jayandstacey

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Before we get too far off-topic, I remember attending a Neil Simon play on Broadway once, and the Playbill biography had the chutzpah to say 'the only serious rival to Neil Simon as a playwright is William Shakespeare.' Hoo, boy.

Was it better than Cats?

I insulted Miracle Whip too ya know! Just sayin.

Wiki

Some seem to disagree. He seems to have trademarked another's saying as his own.

seems kobe seller-like, doesn't he?

I heard a radio ad touting Dunkin Donut's new "artisian bagels" - wouldn't Dunkin Donut bagels, almost tautologically, be not artisan? But unlike Kobe, there isn't an area in Japan called "artisan" that also makes bagels that are very good but who's name is constantly devlaued by others.

I didn't know anything about Kobe before this thread...but my takeaway, unfortunately, includes a little less trust of the high-end restaraunt business. At a minimum, I know to avoid places hawking Kobe beef.

#3353 deangold

deangold

Brunello Riserva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

That CHuck Jones, now he could write an opera!

Dean Gold ~ Chef/Owner Dino's Grotto

1914 Ninth Street NW

Metro Green/Yellow Shaw Howard or U/Cardozo

Pay Parking Lots: 7th & T ~ U between 9th & 10th

Dino's Grotto In Shaw
Dino's Grotto on Twitter
Dino's Grotto on Facebook

#3354 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Level one, easy, level two, tougher, level three - *very* difficult. It helps to have your sound on as a warning mechanism.

Maze

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#3355 squidsdc

squidsdc

ika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Level one, easy, level two, tougher, level three - *very* difficult. It helps to have your sound on as a warning mechanism.

Maze

you got me. thanks so much for that warning..! :wacko:

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"--The Great Oz

#3356 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

you got me. thanks so much for that warning..!

Matt got me, too. :angry:

#3357 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Well, I think I'll make sure Matt is studying for his math final, take out my contacts, get ready for bed, open a beer, and begin replying to the 46 unread PMs in my inbox. :(

#3358 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Oh my God!

#3359 thistle

thistle

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think I've heard enough of 'Generals Gone Wild'

#3360 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

If I had just found $10,000 lying in the street, I would not be happier than I am right now!
  • lillith likes this

#3361 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Not sure where to put this, so here it is. I am much less inclined to participate knowing that even innocuous posts will be edited by a moderator (Don?) with no warning or notice. I do not like having my words and possibly my intent changed by someone behind the scenes. If asked, I will make necessary changes for clarity or explain my intentions. But just deleting things, well...it makes me wonder how many of my other posts have been edited and I just didn't go back to them to notice. Signing off now.

The only post of yours that has been edited, deleted, or changed in any way is this one that I'm quoting - because as always, you come back for a few weeks, then the one-line posts start to turn "tough," then when nobody responds to them you get snide, and then when nobody pays attention to that you become downright toxic because you don't get 100% of the attention here. I can't count the number of times you have tried to damage this community with your self-centered attempts at drama and immersing yourself in this perverse fantasy of being The Victim, and I'm not going to let it happen again. I have *NO* idea what you're talking about, and at this point I couldn't care less.

#3362 bettyjoan

bettyjoan

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Alrighty, I know this is last minute and somewhat lame, but I am tired of not having tech support at work and I miss my husband and I am sick of scarfing leftover (crummy) pizza alone in my apartment.  If anyone is up for a whim anytime soon, I am game - I am definitely starting to feel the pangs of loneliness, and some nice social interaction with fabulous DR folks would help, I'm sure.  :D  In Rosslyn, but will travel...

Betty Thurber Rhoades
http://hungrytriathlete.wordpress.com/

#3363 Rhone1998

Rhone1998

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

I think I'm going to take my son to try Panda Gourmet on New York Ave today for lunch, around 11:30/11:45 or so. Anyone want to join us?

http://www.donrockwe...nsburg-road-ne/

--
Dan

#3364 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hey Chefs! What are you doing Saturday night?

Oh.

You're working?

Hmm.

Well ... thank God.

ChefSaturdays.jpg

#3365 DaveO

DaveO

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Suffering at the moment from last nights cocktailing

#3366 Nick Palermo

Nick Palermo

Rhombicuboctahedron

• Members