A Third-Rate "Chef" on a Second-Tier City

DonRocks

Wow, isn't he in his early 30's? Didn't know he started his career so early.

I thought he was farther along into his thirties, but I'm not sure. That bio (interestingly) doesn't give a birth date, and a quick skim online only gives Dec. 31st and no year. If he started in the family restaurant at 13 and is pushing 40, that claim could be accurate.

I thought he was farther along into his thirties, but I'm not sure. That bio (interestingly) doesn't give a birth date, and a quick skim online only gives Dec. 31st and no year. If he started in the family restaurant at 13 and is pushing 40, that claim could be accurate.

I did a quick search and his Top Chef bio says that he was 29 during season 4 which aired in 2008. So he's probably 33 going on 34...

The intrawebs says December 15 or 31, 1980, hatless, in Montreal which would make him 43 in insecure Chef years. While double stuffing his marshmallowy resumé with a coveted tenure at Bouchon (years according to the errant press release) and soaking up countless ounces of food knowledge from the illustrious Les Crayères externship, Spike keeps it hopelessly ordinary by sticking his Michelin-tread wheels to the thruway well traveled and pursues temperamental children’s birthday party food while maintaining high standards of hamburgers and pizza set by the esteemed 3 star restaurant, though French consumer fraud laws would likely challenge the authenticity of his “farm fresh ingredients” cancan dance.

He should totally cash in on the edgy Arab Spring trend and consider the street-food possibilities of a kushari bandwagon concept.