DonRocks

Zora's Butt-Kickin BBQ Sauce

48 posts in this topic

We are honored to be in the presence of her greatness. Now may we please taste some....?

Umm--I'm hoping the former remark is ironic. Unless you were referring to my large-ness. And friends, as far as the latter goes, this is a really simple recipe (as opposed to the third-place winner, whose sauce involves wood-smoking vegetables for hours). If you have the ingredients on hand--and the only slightly obscure ones are ancho chile powder and Sriracha--it'll take you about 15 minutes to make it from start to finish.

I just happen to have all the ingredients, including the old blackboard eraser. I'm going to have to give this combo a try soon. Seriously, the recipe sounds awesome.

Umm--I'm hoping the former remark is ironic. Unless you were referring to my large-ness. And friends, as far as the latter goes, this is a really simple recipe (as opposed to the third-place winner, whose sauce involves wood-smoking vegetables for hours). If you have the ingredients on hand--and the only slightly obscure ones are ancho chile powder and Sriracha--it'll take you about 15 minutes to make it from start to finish.

Sounds fabulous and a piece of cake to make. The only thing I'll have to buy to make this is the "ball park" mustard. Haven't bought any of that in years.

The only thing I'll have to buy to make this is the "ball park" mustard.

Don't buy it, or stadium mustard, in Cleveland or you'll end up with the wrong kind!

And thank you Zora for creating a winning simple recipe that nearly anyone can make, looking forward to trying it.

Great job, Zora!-as much as I love my eastern NC vinegar sauce, I'll definitely give this a try. I hope you have fun judging the bbq contest...

Thanks everybody for all of the good wishes! My impulsive decision to enter this bbq sauce contest and the subsequent win have been a big ego boost and a bit of a reminder that the passion I have for food and cooking resides in my heart and brain, even when the rest of my body isn't able to go along for the ride. When Bonnie Benwick from the Post called me to tell me that I had been chosen as a finalist, I had completely forgotten about entering the contest.

I truly regret not being able to come to the picnic to see old friends and meet new ones, but hope that by the time of next picnic I'll be back on both feet and cooking on all cylinders again.

Warm regards to all!

-zora

even when the rest of my body isn't able to go along for the ride.

Just remember, in today's litigious world ... sued is what hexed used to be.