Milwaukee Frozen Custard, Al Casey's Frozen Custard With 1.4% Egg Yolk in Chantilly

They serve funnel cakes at Milwaukee Frozen Custard now, just FYI.

They're not bad, but they don't have that "special" feel to them that you get knowing that you don't WANT to know how often that oil's been reused.

Uh, since this is now its own thread (and not an offshoot of the Kings Dominion one blink.gif ), for those who don't know about this place: http://www.milwaukeefrozencustard.com/

They serve funnel cakes at Milwaukee Frozen Custard now, just FYI.

They're not bad, but they don't have that "special" feel to them that you get knowing that you don't WANT to know how often that oil's been reused.

Om nom nom nom. Milwaukee custard AND funnel cake--double trouble!

Om nom nom nom. Milwaukee custard AND funnel cake--double trouble!

Most of the non-Chantilly locations cut off their funnel cake machine before 8pm so the oil has time to cool so it can be drained. Chantilly however seems to keep it on past then, but I wouldn't expect to get one past nine.

They'll also put whatever they have on top of them. They do have powdered sugar for the purist approach, too.

I think they are down to the Chantilly location so we can probably take chain out of the title.  They are still putting out a high quality product.  If you are like me and you have family from Milwaukee, you appreciate the difference.

If you get there in the summer they do Italian ice.  The mango one may be better than any of their custard.  (and I really like their custard).

• Like 1