Photo

Pizza CS, Owners Jonathan Allen and Ankur Rajpara in the Former Three Brothers Space, near Twinbrook Metro in Rockville

Rockville Twinbrook Pizzeria

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 SVT

SVT

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Excellent pizza here the other night. They were slammed--absolutely packed--which was nice to see. We had three pizzas between the three of us--a margarita, a CS sausage, and a third whose name escapes me--and really enjoyed them. In a lot of ways, I think that this place has really hit its stride.

• ol_ironstomach and Kev29 like this

#52 Lydia R

Lydia R

DC Taco Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

Dropped by today - super happy to see them buzzing! 
I heartily recommend the Agnello special with lamb polpettine  and shaved fennel.

Oh, the savory lamb and sausage with the olives and crunch of fennel...

image.jpg

• Kev29 likes this

"I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to life for." Lou Gehrig 1939

#53 Lydia R

Lydia R

DC Taco Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

Oh my, another great pizza at CS last night.

So, why is this post-worthy?

Neither Jonathan nor Ankur were involved. Sure, Ankur was in the back -- but, for me, this means they've surmounted the hurdle that trips-up others. They've trained a great staff to follow their passion and deliver -> sustainability.

Attached Thumbnails

• Moto_June2014.jpg

• Kev29 likes this

"I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to life for." Lou Gehrig 1939

#54 SVT

SVT

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

Oh my, another great pizza at CS last night.

So, why is this post-worthy?

Neither Jonathan nor Ankur were involved. Sure, Ankur was in the back -- but, for me, this means they've surmounted the hurdle that trips-up others. They've trained a great staff to follow their passion and deliver -> sustainability.

That looks like the Moto--such a nice pizza!

#55 pras

pras

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Went here for dinner tonight after having read good things here at DR.  Everyone was happy.  Wife, daughter, and me.  Daughter (3 year old) had the kid pizza and she ate almost the whole thing.  Wife and I split a Margheretia and Papi.  Both were cooked perfectly, nice amount of char, chewy the way it should be.  Ingredients in balance, etc.  What I like about the pizza here  is that you don't feel gross after devouring a pizza.  Will definitely put this place into our rotation.

• DonRocks likes this

#56 Lydia R

Lydia R

DC Taco Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Another sure sign that summer's almost over - Pizza CS announces their vacation closure:

So it's that time of year: Vacation. We will be closed starting Sunday 8/31 through 9/8. Thanks for your support and we"ll see you back on September 9th!

#57 DanielK

DanielK

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

I'm here every couple of weeks. They are still putting out great pies, and the $10 weekday lunch special (Margherita, soft drink, scoop of ice cream) is a steal.

#58 SVT

SVT

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

We were here tonight, and it was as great as usual. The pizza menu has expanded a bit--maybe 4 new pies? The Bruno, a white pizza with sausage, was a great combination. The Cotto was sweet peppers, ham, artichoke, and good. These guys continue to crank out solid pies a few years in, with no sign of drop off whatsoever.

• DonRocks likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rockville, Twinbrook, Pizzeria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users