Shophouse Southeast Asian Kitchen, Quick-Serve Rice Bowl Chain From Chipotle Grill

1 hour ago, Bob Wells said:

I'm not surprised. I always got the "I'm still hungry" vibe from this place. Looks like the market agreed the concept was flawed.

You must have a bigger appetite than I.  A co-worker and i used to frequent the Shophouse at Gallery Place and I can't remember a time when I ever left there with a "I'm still hungry' vibe or even quiver.  Never rice, always noodles, chicken, and red curry dressing and I was good the rest of the day.

2 hours ago, Escoffier said:

You must have a bigger appetite than I.  A co-worker and i used to frequent the Shophouse at Gallery Place and I can't remember a time when I ever left there with a "I'm still hungry' vibe or even quiver.  Never rice, always noodles, chicken, and red curry dressing and I was good the rest of the day.

Sorry for the misleading post. Appetite is actually much smaller than it used to be. Got the vibe from what I read about the place, so I never tried it. If I left hungry, I'd simply say, "I left hungry." :lol:

The comments are far more illuminating than the story. A few mention the small portions, others call the food crap. Others say too spicy, while still others say no taste at all. Others say the food was not asian enough. Still others say the name was a poor choice. Good B-School case here! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/going-out-guide/wp/2017/03/11/why-chipotles-southeast-asian-chain-couldnt-make-it-work/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-lifestyle%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.2561a6d2966f#comments