Roberto Donna Moving to Arizona, Sort of Like Michael Corleone Fleeing To Sicily Until The Heat's Off

MikeLastort

Actually, from the email I just received, he's already there.

"Roberto Donna Takes A Job in Arizona" by Tim Carman on washingtonpost.com

["Roberto Donna To Leave DC" by Amy McKeever on dc.eater.com ... Note: As of Mar 5, 2016, The original washingtonpost.com piece seems to be gone.]

I wonder if it's possible for Tim Carman to write anything about Roberto without sounding like he hates the guy.

Actually, from the email I just received, he's already there.

"Roberto Donna Takes A Job in Arizona" by Tim Carman on washingtonpost.com

["Roberto Donna To Leave DC" by Amy McKeever on dc.eater.com ... Note: As of Mar 5, 2016, The original washingtonpost.com piece seems to be gone.]

I wonder if it's possible for Tim Carman to write anything about Roberto without sounding like he hates the guy.

Hopefully he is not able to treat customers and staff like he did here. Good to see that he has a job so that he can hopefully repay what he owes stole.

I wonder if it's possible for Donna to work at a restaurant and pay all his employees on time in full. (sorry couldn't resist).

The article states the facts and the quotes come from the Arlington's deputy treasurer for litigation - not Carman. Its not his fault there is a dearth of glowing facts about Donna that are newsworthy. I'm not sure what in this fact based article suggests he hates the guy.

Is it correct that Roberto's 8 at Al Dente no longer exists?  The last post on DR about it is from September 2014.  Has it been replaced with Roberto Donna's Table at Alba Osteria, or is that not happening anymore either?  There's no mention of it in the Alba Osteria thread.

I've been quietly asking this very same question for awhile now, only occasionally, and haven't gotten an answer. If anyone has any information, please let us know! I guess this is important enough where I should just write Roberto, but as crazy as it may sound, I just haven't found the time - if nobody answers in the next couple of days, I'll ask him what's going on. Thanks for bringing this up - I have definitely procrastinated in doing my research (no big surprise there).