Fatty 'Cue, Southeast Asian BBQ from the Fatty Crew - Both Williamsburg and West Village Locations Now Closed

Just to clarify a bit, there are actually two different restaurants in two different locations each: Fatty 'Cue, which has a Brooklyn and a West Village (Carmine St.) location, and Fatty Crab, with a West Village (Hudson St.) location, as well as the one on the upper west side, that Don refers to above.

The menus, and the restaurants themselves, are quite different. The W. Village location of Fatty 'Cue received 2 stars from the Times, and is my favorite of the group. For a while, it was a pop-up called Fatty Johnson's, during the renovation process. It also has the best bar/cocktails of all 4 places; the bartenders here really know their stuff.

Just to clarify a bit, there are actually two different restaurants in two different locations each: Fatty 'Cue, which has a Brooklyn and a West Village (Carmine St.) location, and Fatty Crab, with a West Village (Hudson St.) location, as well as the one on the upper west side, that Don refers to above.

The menus, and the restaurants themselves, are quite different. The W. Village location of Fatty 'Cue received 2 stars from the Times, and is my favorite of the group. For a while, it was a pop-up called Fatty Johnson's, during the renovation process. It also has the best bar/cocktails of all 4 places; the bartenders here really know their stuff.

This is the Fatty Crab thread. Fatty 'Cue should have a separate thread - and this ^ should be the first post :) Please give us more details!

The Williamsburg Fatty "˜Cue is closing and transforming on Monday.

As charming as these places are, may I suggest that calling a restaurant "Fatty <*Anything*>" is a terrible idea?

Source: Grub Street New York

a_560x375.jpg
No word on what happens to the pig.

Though it only reopened last April after being closed for more than a year, the troubled Williamsburg location of Fatty "˜Cue will close this coming Monday, November 25. What's going to go in its place? The Fatty Crew tells Grub Street that the Brooklyn space will continue to operate as Fatty Lab, "an experimental venue used to develop new concepts, hold private events, and pop-ups." But all is not lost for lovers of smokey eggplant and Asian-accented slow-cooked pork: The West Village "˜Cue location will be unaffected by the move. In an ...

Read full article >>

Anyone that worries about 'fatty' in their restaurant name or description is just kidding themselves-it's one meal out of how many? & how closely do they monitor their intake? (It's a minor/ insignificant problem, I think, unless you eat all of your meals out) -I would like to eat at Fatty 'Cue, but I can reproduce most of their dishes, & I bet my larb is better.

I would like to eat at Fatty 'Cue, but I can reproduce most of their dishes, & I bet my larb is better.

Fatty 'Cue might have been better than you think (or maybe you make one heck of a larb). Anyway, the West Village location closed in 2014, making this wonderful little mini-chain a memory ... but there's still Fatty Crab.

Busted! I have not made larb myself lately, but tonight I am enjoying larb from Thai Nakorn- a welcome break from the endless soups I cooked while we were snowed in. I think I have Zac Pelaccio's 'Eat with Your Hands', it's a good cookbook, but a little fussy, lots of ingredients you would have to hunt for.

[You have to admit I'm good.]

Edited by DonRocks