Ericandblueboy

dr.com $20 Laotian Tuesday at Bangkok Golden - Friday February 17 11:45 am

53 posts in this topic

Is this the only menu? There's some Laotian stuff on it. Is there a separate Laos menu? I'd like to do a $20 whatever day. I'd be interested to show them some sample Little Serow menus and see if they can come up with a comparable menu that doesn't cost $45 per person. While I like Little Serow, I think it's seriously overpriced, yet I believe the demand will just drive prices even higher. The only solution is to find substitutes.

The online menu is their Laos menu, I believe. The Thai menu is available when you sit down or ask over the phone. Not sure why you need a substitute and not just enjoy each restaurant for its strengths?

I've been here a few times and really like sticking to the Laos menu. Laos hot is really excellent esp if your sinuses are clogged...

If anyone wants to try a lunch outing at this restaurant, I'd definitely go-it's been on my list, but I'm not usually up in that area. Thai food is at the top of my favored foods, I love spicy, I'll try almost anything, if I have plenty of water handy. Living for larb...Linda

While I like Little Serow, I think it's seriously overpriced, yet I believe the demand will just drive prices even higher. The only solution is to find substitutes.

There's always McDonald's Namtok rice, sadly it's only in Thailand, but maybe someday...

BTW the Lao menu looks great. I'd be down for an outing (Lao hot!). There is also good Thai and Isaan food at the takeout counter in the back of Duangrat Thai grocery, made to order. They share the kitchen with Rabieng. Neam khao tord, soop naw mai, somtom Lao, nam tok, laap, etc.

If anyone wants to try a lunch outing at this restaurant, I'd definitely go-it's been on my list, but I'm not usually up in that area. Thai food is at the top of my favored foods, I love spicy, I'll try almost anything, if I have plenty of water handy. Living for larb...Linda

Most definitely. I'd be up for mid-week lunch outing. Yet another larb lover.

I'll post this advice, having coordinated many of the $20 Tuesday events in the past:

Don't poll for interest - just pick a date. Probably 75% of the people who post "I'm interested" won't attend because of a conflict, and there are many of us who are not posting that, but waiting to see what the date is before expressing interest. People will come. Someone willing to coordinate just needs to post a date, and the rest pretty much takes care of itself.

Ok, I'll throw this out for lunch, since goldenticket is the only one who mentioned any preferable date (after the 14th), how is the 15th-Wednesday, or the 17th, Friday? I could make either of those days....

Fri the 17th works for me for lunch.

And for me.

Maybe we can put a dinner together after the lunch. I will volunteer to coordinate that, but would like to hold off on setting a date until after Feb 15th (when I'm back in town)- or after scoping the place out at lunch on the 17th.

Maybe we can put a dinner together after the lunch. I will volunteer to coordinate that, but would like to hold off on setting a date until after Feb 15th (when I'm back in town)- or after scoping the place out at lunch on the 17th.

Assuming the lunch goes well, I'm up for the dinner too.

I would like to do lunch on the 17th as well, but am open for anything. Please mark me down for whenever it happens.

Noah

Keep me in mind for a dinner, but as I work in Greenbelt, going to a lunch is sadly out of my timeframe. (Well, unless one of you could convince my boss to let me have a 2, 2-1/2 hour lunch!)