Masala Wok, Herndon and Reston - a Texas-Based Indo-Chinese Franchise

Desii Wok website. This is a new place in the Backlick Plaze shopping center. This is the same shopping center as Gamasot, in front of the El Grande/Fresh World Asian-Latino supermarket. We were over there picking up some groceries, and saw the 'Grand Opening' sign. I haven't been yet, but I'm curious as to see what Indo-Pak style Chinese is like.

I haven't been to Desii Wok, but it reminds me of http://www.masalawok.com/ which is in Herndon.

Eh, I've been to the Fairfax location a couple of times and it mostly reminds me of mall food. I wouldn't go back for the Indian food (frozen, cubed veg, and buttery, salty sauces without heat) with so much competition in the area. The Chinese food looks fine, but I never got around to trying it out. The menu seemed to me to be Chinese or Indian, without any particular crossover dishes blending the cuisines. It is quite fast, for when you are in a hurry.

Absolutely no idea what relationship the place in Fairfax has to Masala Wok in Herndon. I suspect they are both franchises and one has more oversight than the other. Since discovering this place six months ago it has become our go to place for occasional weekday dinner. I probably prefer Thai by Thai more in Sterling but Masala Wok, a Texas based chain, embarassingly, is quite decent. Sorry, but we've never been to Fairfax.

There's also not a lot of romance in saying that one likes a "Texas based IndoChinese chain."