1661 Poitin - When Kickstarters Don't Deliver

I'm doing an article on it. If you have any experiences with it, or with Ashlee, please let me know.

(Please, no "I Google-ed this" kind of responses. I'm doing a lot of research, and I've already gotten lawyers, reporters, writers, and even a PI involved, mostly by inquiry. I'd just like first hand knowledge, please.)

Is your article on this particular project, or failed non-performing Kickstarter projects in general?  I'm pretty peeved about one I backed that is now more than a year past due. It's closely tied to a big deal local non-profit, as well as big name, DC area music/creative folks. It's a worthwhile project, so I do hope it will be completed. The last update to backers was August 2013 :(

It would be very interesting to know the success rate of delivery and on-time completion of Kickstarter projects.

Is your article on this particular project, or failed non-performing Kickstarter projects in general?  I'm pretty peeved about one I backed that is now more than a year past due. It's closely tied to a big deal local non-profit, as well as big name, DC area music/creative folks. It's a worthwhile project, so I do hope it will be completed. The last update to backers was August 2013 :(

It would be very interesting to know the success rate of delivery and on-time completion of Kickstarter projects.

I'm becoming more-and-more convinced that my momma raised me right: don't take charity, from anyone.

I don't see how people can live with themselves.

So far I've backed 15 KS that delivered (I count 1661, as I got my t-shirt) and 2 that were canceled or didn't meet their funding. I've got I believe 7 still in the pipeline but all with regular updates/etc.

As for 1661 specifically, I asked a bunch of questions by email, and she responded back with a lot of info, not all of which I can share. So I'm trying to see what I can say and what I cannot say.