Caterer Needed for Retirement Party, 150 People at the National Guard Readiness Center

kardut

I need help! My husband is retiring from the military and is having a retirement ceremony...with approx 150 people attending. I need a way to feed all these people on a budget (hey, he'll be retiring, so we need to save our pennies!).

Ceremony will be in Arlington, at the National Guard Readiness Center (ie, indoors, so no place to roast a pig or anything). I'm thinking BBQ or Italian may be the way to go, but certainly open to any and all ideas and suggestions. Am even considering going to Costco at this point and piling up on deli and veggie trays...

Thanks for any and all ideas!

I'm sure some folks will disagree with me but Amphora Catering can feed a lot of people for a fair price. My sister uses them for office parties every year. They charge a flat rate for delivery and have been very responsive/reliable.

Idea...Sampling of food of places he's served at? Might be hard.

For 150 people, I like famous daves BBQ. Really reasonable. I also like italian. Did trays from maggianos and they weren't bad (2 weeks ago and it was cheap). I also catered from Curry Mantra. It was really good and very cheap.

Thanks all for your responses and advice. We ended up going with BBQ from Red Hot & Blue. The price was right for feeding all those people on a budget, and more importantly they were an "approved caterer" for the building!