The Taco-Copter, Tacos Delivered by Unmanned Drone in San Francisco

FunnyJohn

Ok, so maybe it is slightly premature to hail the end of the food truck era, but here's some news about plans for a mini-copter or tacocopter to deliver in the Bay Area:

"According to the bare bones web site, all you have to do is place your order on your iPhone, tap away, and await the TacoCopter."

Does it knock on your door, and sit out there hovering?

This is about as bizarre as the U.S. Postal Service delivering air mail by stuffing it in a rocket, and blasting it towards its destination. In the Amazing But True category ... it actually happened.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/tacocopter-startup-delivers-tacos-by-unmanned-drone-helicopter_n_1375842.html

It ain't going to happen and it shouldn't happen. This is absurd that anyone would take this as a serious attempt at delivering food.

I can imagine the first redneck, sitting on his patio with his shotgun nearby, and an unmanned drone laden with tacos flutters down attempting to land feet from his cooler. He didn't order any tacos. He reaches over, picks up the shotgun, and that is the end of the $100,000 drone that delivered them.

OK, I'm exaggerating. It's not a redneck. It's a secret service agent and someone at the White House ordered tacos because they didn't want Domino's. The drone would still be shot down.

Not a good business plan.

I can imagine the first redneck, sitting on his patio with his shotgun nearby, and an unmanned drone laden with tacos flutters down attempting to land feet from his cooler. He didn't order any tacos. He reaches over, picks up the shotgun, and that is the end of the $100,000 drone that delivered them.

Joe- i'm laughing because last night I caught up with the latest episode of Harry's Law. Harry Corn (Kathy Bates) sees the "neighborhood UFO" hovering over her house one night, and went straight to her shotgun, loaded it up and blasted it to kingdom come.