Carry Outs in McLean, North Arlington, and Falls Church

kirite

For the next few weeks I need to do dinner carry outs in McLean, North Arlington, and Falls Church. I prefer vegetarian and/or fish and have put Rabbit, Lebanese Taverna, Bamian, Ravi Kabob, and District Taco on my list. I don't eat pizza. Does anyone have additional recommendations?

For the next few weeks I need to do dinner carry outs in McLean, North Arlington, and Falls Church. I prefer vegetarian and/or fish and have put Rabbit, Lebanese Taverna, Bamian, Ravi Kabob, and District Taco on my list. I don't eat pizza. Does anyone have additional recommendations?

Off the top of my head, Lebanese Taverna Market, Sunflower, Balducci's Salad Bar, Nourish Market, Open Kitchen, Argia's, Bangkok Golden, Tachibana, Cafe Taj, Ichiban, Pizzeria Orso, Present, Ultimate Chicken Bistro, Myanmar, Han Sung Oak, Cafe 2941, Jersusalem, Full Kee, Meaza, Layalina, Deshi Spice, Saran, Portobellos, Tarbouch Mediterranean Grill, Pupatella, Willow, Grand Cru, Cafe Tirolo, Delhi Club, Screwtop Wine Bar, Lyon Hall,

I'm sure there are many more I'm not thinking of, but that should give you a pretty good start.

Cheers,

Rocks

I don't think there's anything on this place here but, for Chinese delivery/take out, like what I grew up with in NYC, I like Panda Cafe across from Pupatella on Wilson. Good basic Chinese - I always get the eggplant in garlic sauce and I've had their veggie moo shu (sp?) and liked it. We're not talking Joe's Noodle House kind of Chinese - just basic, easy and good. Pretty inexpensive too.

Avoid Two Chefs at all costs. Bad food (literally - it went bad and they served it).

Another on on Lee Highway in Arlington is Caribbean Grill. Black beans, yuca, plantains, rice, etc. Check that the beans do not have meat in them, though. Cash only. There is a another similar place across from Pupatella, as well as Crisp and Juicy down a bit further on Lee Highway.

Liberty Tavern in Clarendon offers their full menu out of the Liberty To Go door. Minh's or Nam Viet can satisfy a yen for Vietnamese food in North Arlington. In Falls Church, I have carried out lunch from La Caraquena in the past. I see no reason why they would not let you take out a dinner.

Seconding Liberty To Go, Minh's (if when you said fish you were including seafood, try the yam cakes topped with shrimp appetizer, grilled shrimp over rice vermicelli, and mint scallops), and Nam Viet. And Lyon Hall, they do a nice job with takeout (love their shrimp and lobster burger and they have excellent salads). I am extremely fond of Kabob Bazaar takeout, but have never tried the swordfish or salmon kabobs - the grilled veggies on the kabob (tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, onions) are tasty enough that I usually get a vegetable skewer side order to stretch my meal out for leftovers. If you order from there, try the zeresh polo rice (with barberries, delicious and tangy and unusual) and get an extra order or two of their delicious soft pita bread, also perhaps the noon paneer sabzi salad, which is blocks of good firm pungent feta, walnuts, and mixed herbs (parsley, cilantro, and maybe basil or something basil-like, as well as scallions and radishes) and some of the pita. I get that salad and alternate bites with bites of my kabob and rice. Must-o-kheyar dip, kind of like a raita, is also great - not essential b/c you get little containers of yogurt sauce, but I like a lot of it so I usually get that too. I'm not seeing all these listed on their website's menu, but the full menu is here: http://www.allmenus....ob-bazaar/menu/

Listrani's will give you a pretty good fresh mozzarella sub.