Photo

Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies - Kathleen King's Thin, Buttery Disks of Wow!

Southampton NY Bakery Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies OMFG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm tempted to put this in the New York forum, but my goodness, what cookies these are. A sample pack of three chocolate chip cookies was dropped off from the Fancy Food Show preview, and these are as good as any packaged chocolate-chip cookies I can ever remember having enjoyed. It took such enormous love to offer Matt the third one from the pack that one day, I hope he looks back and realizes just what I did for him.

Has anyone else tried these, and do you think they're as good as I do? I could easily and happily eat 100 of them, and they are probably 3-4 inches in diameter, so they're not that small. Fantastic, earth-shattering, and worth any possible weight gain incurred.

Cheers,
Rocks

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#2 Mark Slater

Mark Slater

@WinosaurusRex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

I never leave Whole Foods Market without a bag of these.

Beverage Manager, Bastille 1201 N. Royal St., Alexandria, VA

manager@bastillerestaurant.com

http://www.bastillerestaurant.com

#3 Lori Gardner

Lori Gardner

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks to this forum, I sought these cookies out today at the new MOM's market in Rockville. I was almost hoping they weren't there, because do I really need to buy a bag of cookies? But there they were, and I purchased a bag of the oatmeal raisin. They were really terrific- I just love the crispy texture. These may just replace Berger Cookies as my favorite store-bought cookies. And for me, that's saying something.

follow me on twitter: @foodobsessed6
follow my blog: Been There Eaten That

#4 goldenticket

goldenticket

Oompa Loompa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Oh yeah, these are good cookies. Picked some up from the minibar offerings at the Ace Hotel and was really pleased with how tasty they are! Good to know I can find them in the DC area, too.

Jackie B.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Wonka/Dahl/O'Shaughnessy

#5 zoramargolis

zoramargolis

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I found them at the Tenley Whole Foods, but none at the Glover Park store. Excellent. Thanks for the tip, I think...

#6 DaRiv18

DaRiv18

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

All five varieties at the Foggy Bottom WF. 14 cookies for $5.

"All martinis taste good but do not promote fine distinctions in taste or other areas of intellectual discrimination." Raymond Sokolov, How to Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users