Photo

Subway - A Connecticut Chain with over 35,000 Outlets - Named As Such Because of the Odor it Emits

Worldwide Chain Subs The Worst Smell Known To Mankind

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhone1998

Rhone1998

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

As for Subway, I can identify the restaurants by smell alone from almost a block away, 100% of the time. There's no other smell on this earth quite like it (although I think it's the bread baking, not the pizza). Does anyone else know what I'm taking about here? I have a keen sense of smell, but it's not *that* sensitive.

With no evidence to back it up, I've always believed it's an artificial smell meant to evoke bread baking, not actual bread baking. Something "cooked up" (ha ha) in a lab somewhere off the New Jersey Turnpike.

--
Dan

#2 kirite

kirite

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Well I am!

Picture how disgusting and greasy the video game control sticks are. And how slippery the bathroom doorknobs are because of all the grease on them.

Now, think where all that grease comes from. Eeeeww-whee!

As for Subway, I can identify the restaurants by smell alone from almost a block away, 100% of the time. There's no other smell on this earth quite like it (although I think it's the bread baking, not the pizza). Does anyone else know what I'm taking about here? I have a keen sense of smell, but it's not *that* sensitive.

It is the bread baking, but it doesn't smell like good bread baking. It gives off a vaguely chemical odor.

#3 saf

saf

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

As for Subway, I can identify the restaurants by smell alone from almost a block away, 100% of the time. There's no other smell on this earth quite like it

It's the bread.

We were actually talking about this last night, when a Subway commercial came on tv. I think it smells like 7-11.

Sarah In Petworth

#4 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

[Payback for the Beard Awards. You guys can have it! B)]

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Worldwide Chain, Subs, The Worst Smell Known To Mankind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users