Pho Tay Ho, Good Pho in Culmore Shopping Center on Route 7 in Bailey's Crossroads - Closed

My girlfriend turned me on to Pho Tay Ho, in the same shopping center as Peking Gourmet Inn. I almost always go to Pho 75 for my fix, and this place is usually as good. We have always gotten it to go, but it is excellent at home, and probably better there. If you want Pho near Bailey's Crossroads, give it a try.

My girlfriend turned me on to Pho Tay Ho, in the same shopping center as Peking Gourmet Inn. I almost always go to Pho 75 for my fix, and this place is usually as good. We have always gotten it to go, but it is excellent at home, and probably better there. If you want Pho near Bailey's Crossroads, give it a try.

Click

Bizzump.

This seems to be the weekend of Asian noodle soups for me, and I am thankful for it! PTH is now my no. 2 bowl of pho in the DC area. I still prefer Pho Hot, but this was a worthwhile trip. Meat was tasty and tender, broth was nice and hearty (without that cloying aftertaste the broth at a lot of other pho joints has), and the noodles were particularly well-cooked. Best of all, my dining buddy (in his second-ever pho experience!!!) kept remaking how he didn't feel "gross" after dinner. Speaks to the quality of ingredients and execution.

This is my runaway favorite pho place in northern Virginia. (and for every new place I try, I always come back here!) I have been going here for years and am happy that they cleaned up/renovated the atmosphere without diminishing the food. Expect a freshened up dining room with constantly cleaned tables and an expanded menu. Of course, the pho is excellent and steady. I get a pretty basic bowl of tai (rare) and nam (cooked flank) without green onions or cilantro and they always give me exactly what I want. Sometimes I get a side of meatballs because it's fun to dip the faintly-sesame oil-scented balls in a ceramic spoonful of hoisin. The noodles aren't mushy and the fresh herbs and fixings are trimmed and plentiful. The portions overall are generous and the prices are fair. Consistently, the broth tastes clean and richly of beef bones, and the anise, charred onion and ginger are not overpowering -- and there isn't a crazy amount of fat floating on top unless you request it. On the expanded menu, the summer rolls are made to order, because I also request these without cilantro, and they come to you as two plump rolls cut in half and filled with rice vermicelli, boiled pork, shrimp, mint and crunchy bean sprouts. The peanut dipping sauce is great, and you can use this condiment to dunk your fried egg roll (cha gio) in too if you don't like fish sauce (but why bother?) The Vietnamese iced coffee doubles as dessert and beverage and they will cheerfully make it to go if you prefer your caffeine fix later. I think they close pretty early in the evening.