Zora's Avocado Chocolate Mousse - The Most Decadent Vegan Dessert I've Ever Eaten

DonRocks

I predict this dessert of Zora's will become a vegan standard, and an instant classic. Rather than repeat what I wrote here, I'll just refer you to the comments section of the recipe on food52.com. Zora just wrote on Facebook that the dessert has become a semi-finalist.

I had no knowledge that this dessert even existed until three nights ago, and Zora has no idea I'm writing this. My comments on the website reflect genuine enthusiasm for this impossibly simple, impossibly rich, impossibly chocolatey masterpiece.

I predict this dessert of Zora's will become a vegan standard, and an instant classic. Rather than repeat what I wrote here, I'll just refer you to the comments section of the recipe on food52.com. Zora just wrote on Facebook that the dessert has become a semi-finalist.

I had no knowledge that this dessert even existed until three nights ago, and Zora has no idea I'm writing this. My comments on the website reflect genuine enthusiasm for this impossibly simple, impossibly rich, impossibly chocolatey masterpiece.

Congrats Zora! It sounds delicious.

Though Don, most chocolate has milk or milk solids in it; so it may or may not be Vegan depending on the ingredients used. Does anyone know if any/all of the bittersweet Callebaut is vegan? I'd like to send this recipe to my niece with notes on what chocolate to buy if anyone has any info to share...

I do know that a chocolate avocado smoothie is a traditional Indonesian drink. I've had it a few times at Satay Sarinah and I love the creamy texture the avocado adds. Zora's recipe seems like the logical, ultimate version of that. Remove the ice, use much better chocolate, coconut cream...I really need to make this.

I might go whole hog and take a trip this weekend to andelman's Artisan Confections to pick up some of the bulk Valrhona chocolate callets he sells. Zora, did you try various grades/percentages of chocolate before settling on 65%?

I might go whole hog and take a trip this weekend to andelman's Artisan Confections to pick up some of the bulk Valrhona chocolate callets he sells. Zora, did you try various grades/percentages of chocolate before settling on 65%?

Valrhona would be a good choice. And no, 65% was what I had in the house when I dreamed it up. 60% or 56% would work, too. I happen to enjoy really intense chocolate experiences. It's too much for my husband, and he puts cream or milk on it.