Street Corner Cafe (Formerly Paciugo Gelato), Wilson Blvd in Clarendon - Closed

Happy to find a violet gelato with chocolate bits at the Clarendon location. I do like the Choward violet chewing gum (somewhat difficult to find outside of NYC) and this was a cool reminder of that flavor. It was lightly flavored and not cloying. Couldn't help but wonder what a scoop would taste like topped with a bit of limoncello.

Yes. I took little man there intending to use my Amazon offer but ended up using my Scoutmob. It's a smooth gelato compared to Dolci Gelati or Pitango but a tad on the sweet side for me. I like it better than Bocato but if I had choice, I'd opt for one of the other two or Dolcezza. But 1. Ymmv; 2. Compared to Larry's or Bocato, I would come here; 3. Compared to Pinkberry for frozen treat, I would opt for Pinkberry over 2. or Red Mango & Paciugo.

However, this is based on one visit. I plan on trying it again for a more detailed comparison.

Paciugo Gelato Becoming Street Corner Cafe

I think this change was necessary. I have been in a few times, but I walk by often and this place needs more traffic to survive. Early on they sold some subs and sandwiches brought in from the Italian Store and the now closed Daily Deli near Ballston, but hopefully this means they will be making everything in house. I can always use another good carryout sandwich place.

Paciugo Gelato Becoming Street Corner Cafe

I think this change was necessary. I have been in a few times, but I walk by often and this place needs more traffic to survive. Early on they sold some subs and sandwiches brought in from the Italian Store and the now closed Daily Deli near Ballston, but hopefully this means they will be making everything in house. I can always use another good carryout sandwich place.

Just to update, Street Corner Cafe lasted maybe 6 months or so.  I think it has been closed since early in the fall if not earlier.