Yesterday morning after battling the crowds at the Rockville Farmers Market* in downtown I went over to check out the new-ish (new this year) Pike Central Farm Market, which has 30-some vendors set up in a generous space, plenty of parking right there, and was virtually free of customers, which is a bad sign at 10 am but nonetheless pleasing to someone like me who gets up early to avoid the crowds, a tactic that no longer works at the RFM.

Anyway, vendors include some of the old war horses (Westmoreland, Toigo, Twin Spings), some bakeries, meat producers, Oh Pickles!, a cheesemonger, and a few other retail operations like All Things Olive. As you might expect, it's most of the same vendors who sell at Bethesda Central on Sunday mornings.

A nice operation, needs more customers. Central Farm Markets

*ps to any moderator who reads this: please change the name of that thread; it's listed as Rockville Town Market in the index, which is wrong. thx

I also like the Pike Central Farm Market on Saturday. I've found that their vendor list varies some and vendors who are listed as coming aren't always there. (I know stuff happens but it gets frustrating week after week.) They have a market on Thursday around mid-day in the same location.