Our family is spending next week in the Adirondacks, and I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a spot my husband and I can sneak away to for lunch while we leave the kid with doting grandparents. We are going to be at the south-western end, specifically in the vicinity of Gloversville, NY. All the reviews I'm finding online are from places further north and east--Lake Placid, Lake George.

Any help appreciated!

I live within 10 miles of Gloversville and can think of nothing I would recommend. Gloversville at most has a handful of chains and the few independent restaurants are no better. Very likely your best option would be a national chain if traveling a bit farther afield is not possible. Hop on Route 29 toward Saratoga if you can. It has far better restaurants and more options. Should note that it is track season and very busy this time of year.

Skip the restaurant. Make a picnic and head up to Sacandaga. Unless you're willing to drive 40 or more miles, which for lunch seems kinda silly (and even then you won't find something great). A picnic will be a million times better than anything you'll find in the area.

Though Saratoga is 30 miles away. And I admit to being a bit unusual having drove to Komi for dinner more then once. I agree!