DBGB Kitchen & Bar, Chef Eli Collins and Pastry Chef Myriam Everhardt in The Bowery - Closed Aug 11, 2017

We were a large party that needed some place to eat lunch on a Sunday and I wanted a seafood platter. I recalled that DBGB had a pretty stellar plateau de fruits de mer from my previous visit, so we went back. This time, I ordered the "royal" platter for $99. It had a lot more oysters than the $37 "petit" platter but not more variety of seafood, which was disappointing. There was one small lobster tail, 3 whelks, lots of oysters, claims and mussels, tuna tartare, some white fish, and some shrimp. I also had a $9 DBGB dog - which looks pretty but wasn't really better than a Hebrew Nat'l 1/4 lb beef frank. Others had burgers and various sausages. I also had a side of crawfish and okra gumbo that was pretty good. Go for the large and varied menu, not outrageous prices (for NYC and a celebrity chef joint), and the fun LES vibes.

post-4391-0-03883000-1347418721_thumb.jp

post-4391-0-48305800-1347418735_thumb.jp

This place is fine. You won't have a meal that sucks. But it's pretty loud. I would not say I'd never go back, but I would go back to other db locales before here.

But other "db" locations are totally different restaurants.