Help Needed - Attorney with Experience in Traffic Citations in Falls Church

beachgirl54

So, Falls Church police stopped my nanny with my son in the car this morning on the way to school and wrote her three citations - failure to come to complete

stop before turning at red light, broken tail light and for not wearing her glasses. She was terrified and I am peeved that the cop detained her for quite

a while (I say that but know that I have family in law enforcement and I'm an

attorney as well - just being a protective mom).

I have offered to help her out and pay for the attorney who will help her out in

this situation. I have no idea what this might cost and need some referrals for

attorneys who are well-versed in Falls Church General District Court traffic

citations. It would help if this didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Thanks in advance for your help - Nancy

Could attorney fees possibly be less than these three minor violations? The cost of all three citations sound like less than 2 or 3 hours of legal fees. If you show up to the court date, they will (almost) always plead you down to a lesser charge to avoid the hearing (at least that is my experience). You do not need a lawyer for that.

Thanks to all the suggestions - found someone through the mom group I'm a member of, who charged a very nominal amount for the consultation. Now it's up to the nanny to decide what to do. It all should be fine - it's just the intimidation factor for her, a non-native English speaker. Who, by the way, drives like a grandmother.

Appreciate all the help!

Thought you'd like to know the final result, which was good -

1. Broken tail light and no glasses citations dismissed.

2. Fine but no points for moving violation.

3. Attorney I found (nice guy) only charged $75 for consult, $100 to appear with her at traffic court, extending a professional courtesy to me.

All's well that ends well . . .

Thought you'd like to know the final result, which was good -

1. Broken tail light and no glasses citations dismissed.

2. Fine but no points for moving violation.

3. Attorney I found (nice guy) only charged $75 for consult, $100 to appear with her at traffic court, extending a professional courtesy to me.

All's well that ends well . . .

Great!

(Feel free to give the attorney a recommendation in the regular forum. I hear of needs such as yours at least once a year, and I'm certain that people will refer to what you say in the future.)