RFD (Regional Food and Drink), 7th & H Streets at Verizon Center - Over 300 Beers in Bottle and 30 on Tap - Closed

Nope - The lady and I watched the Redskins v. Seahawks game there and we ate a quesadilla and the spinach & artichoke dip and we felt so disgusting and ill afterwards that we just went home and passed out...and not in a good way. It was truly awful.

I'm headed there next week for a happy hour event, but it sounds like I should just have a beer and then grab a bite at the Caps game.

Have things changed? For the better or worse? I don't know why, but this place just recently came on my radar.

I don't have an answer, but I'm curious to see what Dave Alexander is planning on doing with RFD since selling The Brickskeller. I was hoping he'd bring some of the Brick's inventory to RFD, but that didn't happen. RFD is one of my favorite beer bars in DC, but we don't usually plan a whole night there. The food is just "meh".

I don't have an answer, but I'm curious to see what Dave Alexander is planning on doing with RFD since selling The Brickskeller. I was hoping he'd bring some of the Brick's inventory to RFD, but that didn't happen. RFD is one of my favorite beer bars in DC, but we don't usually plan a whole night there. The food is just "meh".

What I read said that they left "some" of the inventory at Bricks, not "all". So I imagine some of the rarer stuff will make it's way over to RFD.

If there is a topic for RFD I couldn't find it. I guess no one really goes to RFD for the food...

Anyway, continuing our weekday vacation adventure we went into RFD for a cold one. The friendly bartender told us that RFD has a new chef, from the Reef, who is completely overhauling the menu with recipes using beer. The bartender said, as an example, they have always served pulled pork which they purchased ready-made, but now they chef buys pork shoulder and cooks it himself. He said to give it two weeks for testing and experimenting. Who knows? This might be good news.

Mods, if there is a topic for RFD, free free to move this to its rightful place.

I guess no one really goes to RFD for the food...

a new chef, from the Reef, who is completely overhauling the menu with recipes using beer.

This might be good news.

It is good news. He really can cook.

I don't live in DC anymore, but this makes me so sad. RFD was always a reliable stop for me, with friendly bartenders who were happy to make recommendations.  It was one of the first places in DC where I felt absolutely comfortable as a solo patron. It was a fun place to watch a college football game.  And it was certainly on the leading edge of the craft beer trend.