Hikaru, Japanese and Sushi in the old Yami-Yami Space in Courthouse - Closed

The former Kopan House, which was recently Yami-Yami, has now turned in to Hikaru Japanese cuisine/sushi. I had enoyed the decent by the pound sushi (mostly rolls) at the previous incarnation, but they no longer offer their buffet. They've just opened this week so there were some hitches in my carryout order of chicken noodle (udon) soup. It almost seemed as if I'd been served the sauteed noodle version of the dish with a side of miso thrown in - not quite what I was expecting. They also offer the usual sushi lunch choices and bento boxes - all at about twice the $5 I could get away with at the buffet, but still comparable in price to the sushi options down the road at Whole Foods- and at Hikaru they include miso soup and salad.

Hikaru is now closed.

Shoot! I'm sorry to see this. On the other hand, I'm not shocked -- there have been multiple times when I have called in an order (they're my closest options for shu mai and California rolls, which is what I crave when my stomach's upset) and they have said it would be an hour rather than the regular 15/20 minutes, or even that they couldn't take orders, because they didn't have enough sushi chefs that evening. Something definitely seemed to be wrong.

They had decent sushi, but their miso was not good. I'll go back to getting it from Whole Foods or from Asahi in Courthouse Plaza.