The Windy Apple, Hot Dogs in the old Bangkok Blues Space on Broad Street in Falls Church - Closed

Can't comment on the food, but Wow, what a crappy web site. Did the owner's teenage kid write the copy on the home page?

Oh, crap. I just found "if your looking for..." on the menu page. Oh, and "fall church", as opposed to "Falls Church". Don't get me started on the punctuation. Texting is killing people's ability to punctuate properly!!

/self-appointed grammar supervisor

//you're welcome :-)

now open the windy apple chicago and new york's greatest food (926 w broad st falls church va 22046)

Date: 2012-10-14, 6:02PM EDT

kkdzb-3338991676@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

come and try us grand opening greatest hot dogs vienna beef pastrami .knish plus much more visit www.thewindyappleva,com

Above is their "ad" on Craigslist. Is it wrong that I will never darken their door because of the slaphazard way they write? If they care so little about putting on a good face for the public on their web site and Craigslist, why do I think they won't give me Salmonella or botulism?

now open the windy apple chicago and new york's greatest food (926 w broad st falls church va 22046)

Date: 2012-10-14, 6:02PM EDT

kkdzb-3338991676@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

come and try us grand opening greatest hot dogs vienna beef pastrami .knish plus much more visit www.thewindyappleva,com

Above is their "ad" on Craigslist. Is it wrong that I will never darken their door because of the slaphazard way they write? If they care so little about putting on a good face for the public on their web site and Craigslist, why do I think they won't give me Salmonella or botulism?

Meh, my guess is that it's English as a second language - I wouldn't be so hard on them. Great American Dream and all that.

Meh, my guess is that it's English as a second language - I wouldn't be so hard on them. Great American Dream and all that.

Yeah, I considered that, but still - have a neighbor/friend/family member/customer proofread and add some capitals and punctuation. Their cuisine isn't something I'll ever eat, so I don't know why I care, but I just want places to realize what kind of face they put on for the public. I hope the business does well, though.

Yeah, I considered that, but still - have a neighbor/friend/family member/customer proofread and add some capitals and punctuation. Their cuisine isn't something I'll ever eat, so I don't know why I care, but I just want places to realize what kind of face they put on for the public. I hope the business does well, though.

If you avoid every restaurant with bad English on their websites and menus, you're going to be eating at home a lot.

It drives me crazy, too, but it's ubiquitous.

The Windy Apple is now open.

The Windy Apple is now closed.

Incredibly, after just two months, it's gone, and has reopened with new owners as Lil' Italian Cafe. This is the second location for this restaurant, the first being in Herndon.

I stepped inside quickly to get a take-out menu, and did not like what I saw. The upside, and it's a big one, is that the menu claims to be 100% Zabihah (Halal), and I believe that it has middle-Eastern ownership (there are coupons on Zabihah.com which may, or may not, apply to the new location). The downside, unfortunately, is everything else, and based on this carryout menu, I don't see how anything here, much less everything here, could be Halal, unless there's something fundamental about being Zabihah and Halal that I simply do not understand (which is entirely possible and perhaps probable). The menu reminds me very much of Deli Italiano's, straight off the Sysco truck, with salads, subs, Italian Specialties, Pastas, Fred Dinners, Specialty Sandwiches, Burgers, and (another crude sign informed me) "the World's Greatest Pizza." I don't mean to condemn a place before ever trying it, but I'm telling you that from a first look, this is about as bad as it gets - see for yourselves and double-check my impression - I very much hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how I can possibly be. My only hope is that they have daily specials that are more interesting than their menu which is one of the least interesting menus I've encountered in ages.

Ending on a positive note: Lil' Italian Cafe caters, and they also deliver with a minimum $15 order, 3-mile radius, $1 delivery charge.

Let me end this post by asking what, exactly, does it mean to be Zabihah and/or Halal? Because apparently I don't know.

Let me end this post by asking what, exactly, does it mean to be Zabihah and/or Halal? Because apparently I don't know.

Helal, halal; is the food (animals) that are allowed to be eaten in Islam. Duck, chicken, cow, lamb, goat, fish..etc.

Zabiha, zabihah is the rightful way by Islam to slaughter these animal.