Hearthstone Pizza Bistro, in the Former Cafe Pizzaiolo Space on 23rd Street S. in Crystal City - Closed

Tonight we were ready to order from the Crystal City location and discovered from the website that that shop is under new management and will be called Hearthstone Pizza Bistro. I called and was told that they're rebranding but keeping the same menu and recipes. Anyone hear anything about this? Our pizza was good, but I couldn't help being hypercritical just because I knew that management had changed. I kept asking my husband and daughter, "What do you think? How does it taste?" I hope this cafe stays true to its beginnings. It took sooo long to get a decent go-to place in the neighborhood.

I'm assuming Hearthstone Pizza Bistro has closed - it has been "closed for renovations" since May, and has not reopened. (Thanks, JM)

Does anyone know *why* restaurants say they're "closing for renovations" when they have no intention of reopening? I'm not saying this was the case with Hearthstone, but surely in some cases they know. They must know.

The halcyon days of Cafe Pizzaiolo are two-times over - it was really very good, and had upped the ante on 23rd St. S when it first opened.

Yes, Hearthstone never "renovated," and the space is now occupied by Grill Kabob.  ...well...   Just what we need in the neighborhood - another kabob place. I like kabobs, but this makes four kabob restaurants in two blocks. Whyyyyy, Cafe Pizzaiolo, did you leave us? There is nothing worth walking to anymore.