3 replies to this topic

#1 ad.mich

ad.mich

Degrees In A Circle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I am posting this from my phone so I apologize for the lack of links, but...

Noted Seattle-area bartender Murray Stenson is of poor health with a heart condition, and as a Restaurant Employee, he is without health insurance to cover his needed procedure. After a week of spontaneous donations from concerned individuals, the fundraising drives have started across the country.

Tomorrow The Passenger will be donating 10% of all sales and all tips to the cause. If you are having a post work drink (or multiple) you should absolutely consider coming here.

My kingdom(e) for a Seattle hot dog in the district

#2 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

I am posting this from my phone so I apologize for the lack of links, but...

Noted Seattle-area bartender Murray Stenson is of poor health with a heart condition, and as a Restaurant Employee, he is without health insurance to cover his needed procedure. After a week of spontaneous donations from concerned individuals, the fundraising drives have started across the country.

Tomorrow The Passenger will be donating 10% of all sales and all tips to the cause. If you are having a post work drink (or multiple) you should absolutely consider coming here.

Although I'm guessing, I suspect that any add-ons, above normal tip, could be designated for Mr. Stenson also. Can someone talk to the staff about that, in case someone might want to throw in a couple extra dollars for each drink?

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#3 ad.mich

ad.mich

Degrees In A Circle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Another option is to contribute on the MurrayAid website. You can also see the list of establishments throwing similar affairs. The Passenger is in pretty good company.

My kingdom(e) for a Seattle hot dog in the district

#4 SeanMike

SeanMike

Pan-Human Alcoholist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Although I'm guessing, I suspect that any add-ons, above normal tip, could be designated for Mr. Stenson also. Can someone talk to the staff about that, in case someone might want to throw in a couple extra dollars for each drink?

Given that 100% of all tips are going to the fund, I'd wager that any extra dollars you throw in for a drink will go to it.

I'm hoping to be there right at 5 - meeting a coworker later there but I want to make sure I have a bar stool!

http://www.scofflawsden.com/
The Scofflaw's Den, Cocktails and Cigars
It just keeps going, and going, and going...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users