Who's The Hottest Animated Food Chick?

DonRocks

We are currently accepting nominees.

1. Sun-Maid Raisin girl

2. Land-o-Lakes babe (did anyone ever do that little folding thing where you can make her knees become breasts?)

3. The Vermont Maid

4. Betty Crocker

Out of curiosity, are there any women of color used to sell foods other than the one we all know about? I assume so, but if not, why not?

The Sun-Maid Raisin girl is Lorraine Collett, who was painted for the logo in 1917. She remained remarkably vibrant and lovely even as an old woman.

I'm worried that they have killed Betty Crocker. There is no picture of her on bettycrocker.com, as far as I can tell. I imagine this is the result of very expensive and intensive market research, but I feel for her.

I heard she left General Mills for Quaker Oats in a free-agency deal. She'll be the face of a new "light" pancake mix, and will be known as Betty Cracker.

Gillian I know you just blew your sip of ice-water through your nose.

We are currently accepting nominees.

1. Sun-Maid Raisin girl

2. Land-o-Lakes babe (did anyone ever do that little folding thing where you can make her knees become breasts?)

3. The Vermont Maid

4. Betty Crocker

Out of curiosity, are there any women of color used to sell foods other than the one we all know about? I assume so, but if not, why not?

The Sun-Maid Raisin girl is Lorraine Collett, who was painted for the logo in 1917. She remained remarkably vibrant and lovely even as an old woman.

Aunt Jemima

I think to be fair, you'll have to clarify which versions.

I personally like Elsie - the flower always made a difference. :-)

Thanks for the link, goodeats - Edith Wilson is definitely nominated. Who knew?

Hello Kitty Pocky- wait, does she have to be human?

Well, considering I nominated Elsie the Cow, I think Hello Kitty is perfectly acceptable! :) Plus, Sanrio maintains Hello Kitty is human (or something like that). I meant to add a smiley in my OP, since I meant it to humorous that one should list which version they are nominated. :)

Incidentally, can anyone name a female cereal icon? (Not counting sports figures on Wheaties boxes.) I can only think of male figures, such as Tony the Tiger, Golden Bear, Trix the Rabbit, etc.

Incidentally, can anyone name a female cereal icon? (Not counting sports figures on Wheaties boxes.) I can only think of male figures, such as Tony the Tiger, Golden Bear, Trix the Rabbit, etc.

Goodeats, interesting point! I was thinking Honeynut Cheerios, but curiously the mascot's name is Buzz! Doesn't GM know all worker bees are female?

I nominate Peeps displayed in a very sunny window.

I'm not saying she's hot: but, Pebbles? [Edited to add: searching google for images of Fruity Pebbles, I see that the boxes are covered with pictures of Fred, Barney, occasionally Bam-Bam, but rarely (if ever) Pebbles. Hmmm.]

Count Chocula was actually a female.

I'm being serious! Beside, the grammar geek in me immediately went, "oh, shouldn't it be Countess, then?"

I'm not saying she's hot: but, Pebbles? [Edited to add: searching google for images of Fruity Pebbles, I see that the boxes are covered with pictures of Fred, Barney, occasionally Bam-Bam, but rarely (if ever) Pebbles. Hmmm.]

Right?! The only one I found was Smurfette, but even she has to share the limelight with Brainy or Papa Smurf. I smurf something fishy here. :-)