RIP, Hostess Twinkie

Kibbee Nayee

I didn't have my first twinkie until I was 13. My Mother abhorred all those Little Debbie things and other packaged, sugary items marketed to children. I ate bite size frosted mini wheats or honey nut cheerios for cereal being the most sugary cereal my Mother would allow. Strangely enough my first twinkie came from my best friend whose Mother was even stricter. They had a tofurkey one year, nuff said. It was a really memorable experience. I wouldn't have them often after that even, but it was oddly satisfying and I could see why my best friend liked them. It is kind of sad to see them go.

When I was in high school, my best friend and I would have all night video gaming/TV watching hangouts with lots of Little Debbies and other snack cakes, various sodas (which I still called "pop" back then), etc.

Of course, back then I could do that and still stay skinny. Skinny-ish at least.

(I've not had a Twinkie in years...)

Twinkies will be back. The venture capitalists who own Hostess will no doubt sell the brand names of all their products to others and walk away with a tidy sum. Who loses here? Oh yeah, the workers. <head slap> Don't get me started.